Military Aviation > Military Aircraft

F-35 JSF

(1/4) > >>

Cobra2:
is the JSF a stealth aircraft or not?

Cobra2:
I heard in one of my new info books that our F-35 thats coming into production in 2007 in an order of 2800 at a cost of $60MIL each...and there going to replace our old model F-18 and tank busting jobs that the A-10 currently does...(but not replace them completely)...and also i heard that were selling some to Australia and Britain also....and this will have V/TOL capability...with thrust vectoring and a fan in its fuselage for vertical take-off...this will be used for frontline service and to land in ground unit bases...ask for more info or mail me for more information. I do not know however if its a stealth plane or not...so if you could post in the F-35 thread that i made (another F-35 thread that i made)

Cobra2:
Ok, nevermind, I found out that the F-35 is a stealth aircraft.

Valiant1:
Well, to inform you, Britain is one of the MAJOR partners in the JSF program.  They're investing heavily into it because they desparately need a replacement for their Harriers, as well as the US Marines' Harriers.  VSTOL is important to the Brits and the Marines BUT they need a plane that can fly FASTER than the speed of sound; the Harrier doesn't have that capability.  Australia, I believe, did not invest in the program, but are on the list to buy the F-35.  There are a number of other countries who are on the list to buy the F-35, mostly European, most likely Spain and Italy, to replace their Harriers.  I believe Canada's on the list and possibly South Korea and Taiwan has expressed interest.  Think about it - a jet that can LAND and TAKEOFF from anywhere and go almost TWICE the speed of sound WITHOUT afterburners.  WOW! What does the opposition have to compare?  NOTHING!!!!

Cobra2:
Yeah, Australia, Britain, Italy, Turkey, and some other countries...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version