MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: French Fighters grounded due to computer virus  (Read 4339 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Re: French Fighters grounded due to computer virus
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 01:43:04 AM »
Pretty interesting I read this from a different source I wonder if Frances military was affected and just not released to the public.  It seems if you can get to one source wouldn't others become targets as well?  One would assume if were true that it would be fixed by now. 

That Rafale looks so good on the deck in that picture still puzzles me why no sales yet. 

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
Re: French Fighters grounded due to computer virus
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 01:37:35 AM »
Pretty interesting I read this from a different source I wonder if Frances military was affected and just not released to the public.  It seems if you can get to one source wouldn't others become targets as well?  One would assume if were true that it would be fixed by now. 

That Rafale looks so good on the deck in that picture still puzzles me why no sales yet. 
From what it looks like the Secure network is okay, but their unsecured got hit. The thing that I don't understand is why didn't the Navy take the precautionary measures and add the updates/patches etc, that Microsoft warned them about? Definately, agree the Rafale is a nice looking bird! hopefully soon we'll see them flying under another flag.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA