Military Aviation > Military Aircraft

J-20

<< < (2/3) > >>

Webmaster:

--- Quote from: SukhoiLover on January 23, 2011, 07:37:03 PM ---PAK-FA take-off was somewhat impressive to me, almost no imput on elevator and that thing just started to climb away like if it was nothing, tremendous lift, and no afterburner.

--- End quote ---

If I remember correctly, the first publicised/videod take-off was its second flight.

--- Quote from: SukhoiLover on January 23, 2011, 07:37:03 PM ---J-20 on the other hand, no afterburner, but after lifting the nose, with a lot of elevator input, it still stood on the runway for a while, it looked quite heavy for me.

--- End quote ---

Certainly looking heavy, and I believe it is much heavier than the PAK-FA. It's said to be closer to the F-111 in size, larger than the F-22/T-50.

--- Quote from: SukhoiLover on January 23, 2011, 07:37:03 PM ---But one thing is for sure, it should be flying with stop gap engines, the new ones might improve the situation, but dunno.

--- End quote ---

Certainly. Russian ones too. Wasn't the T-50 flying on normal AL-31F's too? Or did it already have ones from the initial 117S run? Actually new ones, if Chinese, might make it worse. But afterburners will certainly help. Chinese are not allowed to complain about anything anyway, so the noise wouldn't be a problem! Also, every new aircraft goes through some weight reduction cycles during development nowadays. Which brings me to another thing... maybe it doesn't has the planned alloys yet for certain panels. Maybe it's not even stealthy yet.  ;) 

shawn a:
Good point about not being stealthy yet.
The -71 used special paint and those triangular indentations on its edges in addition to blended contours.
The -117 used faceting and a RAM coating.
The -22 seems to use shapeing, blended contours along with RAM materials and a coating, which leads me to suspect there are chinese in the Alaskan forest looking for pieces of Raptor.
Somehow, to me the J-20 looks a bit "clunky" like those Russian VIP limosines of the Kruschev era.

shawn a:
Another thing,-- it will obviously be multi-role, since that has been the fate of almost every new aircraft lately, regardless of it's original intention and design. For example, B-1Bs doing CAS, and Raptors using SDBs. I imagine someone, somewhere has written a paper on using B-52s as interceptors!!!
A joke! A joke! (interceptors these days are called SAMs)

Webmaster:
Well, anything with a multi-mode radar, some datalinking sensor, and both AA/AS weapons is called multi-role nowadays. But that doesn't mean it will be used in every role. Just think of Swiss/Finnish Hornets, Typhoons even, USMC Harrier II+s, and at least a third of the F-16s in the world. Even though all upgraded to what can be considered almost true multi-role capability, they're still used and trained on in only few roles.

For the J-20, I'd guess:
- Design: air superiority role
- Capability: swing-role
- PR/Marketing: multi-role
- Operational: air defense
- Actual role: propaganda :P

lucciano85m:
MiG denies stealth technology transfer to China for J-20 fighter

Russia has never transferred any stealth technology to China to assist it with its J-20 Black Eagle fifth-generation stealth fighter prototype, Russian plane maker MiG said on Friday.

"We are not delivering any equipment to China, and never have," MiG spokeswoman Yelena Fyodorova said.

MiG's statement follows claims in the Russian and foreign press last week that China's J-20, unveiled over six months ago, is based on technology and components from the Russian Mikoyan Article 1.44, a stealth technology demonstrator aircraft, development of which was suspended.

Read more -->> http://www.xairforces.net/newsd.asp?newsid=482&newst=8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version