MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: J-XX: Chinese stealth fighter?  (Read 25153 times)

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
Re: J-XX: Chinese stealth fighter?
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 03:45:23 AM »
Cobra2 obviously didnt.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 01:58:19 AM »
I wasn't paying attention  ::)

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 11:44:27 AM »
Ok. I've got a friend from China. They're developing ALL sorts of new stuff. But that's not important right now. (We wait until USA gets blown up by them and we send a plane over to pick Cobra2 up while there's still hope.  ;D)

It's supposed to reach the same stage as the F-22 eventually, and they actually intend to surpass American technology for this one. Don't ask me how, that's just what i was told. The rest of the details are mostly here already, and i'm seriously bad at Chinese-English translation. So the little details are all left out.  :) And of course, it will be "stealth." And worst of all, they're going to sell it. A boon to their economy, and a major threat to the other world powers. And if they manage their target performance, the Raptor wil be old news.
-JCLim

Offline RecceJet

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »
Looks awefully clean doesn't it? ;) I could eat off the ground, not a single mark on it! Everything is so clean and new looking. Everything.

Offline Flanker.94

• Flight Leader
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 05:49:17 PM »
This aircraft is awesome. It would be hot to do a friendly dogfight with the J-XX and the F/A-22.
It's time to dive in the fireworks!

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 01:37:05 AM »
Ok. I've got a friend from China. They're developing ALL sorts of new stuff. But that's not important right now. (We wait until USA gets blown up by them and we send a plane over to pick Cobra2 up while there's still hope.  ;D)

It's supposed to reach the same stage as the F-22 eventually, and they actually intend to surpass American technology for this one. Don't ask me how, that's just what i was told. The rest of the details are mostly here already, and i'm seriously bad at Chinese-English translation. So the little details are all left out.  :) And of course, it will be "stealth." And worst of all, they're going to sell it. A boon to their economy, and a major threat to the other world powers. And if they manage their target performance, the Raptor wil be old news.

Thanks Raptor I knew you would care  ;D

But, China will not blow up the US, the J-XX will not be better than the F-22 I highly doubt that. And could that rescue plane be an F-15? it would have to be the -E or -B though ;) and whatever you do, do not let Foxhound fly it!  >:D

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 08:10:58 AM »
What China wants and what China gets are hadly ever the same

Offline RecceJet

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 09:57:09 AM »
Hang on, you guys are still carrying on as if you think that J-xx image is real :P

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 06:45:15 PM »
Yeah Recc is probably right...I mean, the airframe just is not going to work. And the picture does kind of look animated...if you pick out certain parts of the image. Or maybe its just a fake plane but a real picture? Like a decoy  :)

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 05:34:57 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenyang_J-XX

a plane called the J-XX does exist.

Offline RecceJet

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 11:15:29 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenyang_J-XX

a plane called the J-XX does exist.
I do not doubt that Gripen ;D But I got the impression people here were commenting on that photo of an airframe in a hangar being the J-xx. Looks like a combination of real background with scaled model and photoshop finish to me.

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 05:12:39 AM »
The Chinese aero industry has come a long way in the last few years, so maybe the plane is real. but it seems strange that they let a photo of it get onto the net..

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA