MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: J-XX: Chinese stealth fighter?  (Read 25154 times)

Offline Flanker.94

• Flight Leader
J-XX: Chinese stealth fighter?
« on: April 15, 2007, 06:27:39 PM »
Hey guys. Have you heard about the J-XX, a Chinese stealth fighter? Her is a picture:
It's time to dive in the fireworks!

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
Re: J-XX: Chinese stealth fighter?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »
And there must be 2 types because yours has canard wings and mine doesn't.

And it doesn't look very aerodynamic. I don't think it will fly very well. But time will tell I guesse.
I will try to find  more on it and maybe a video if I can.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 08:04:15 PM »
I found this information on this site. And I was right, it does have traits of the F-22 raptor. And this information is from 2006. But this is some good stuff. Also it has internal weapons bays like the F-22. But like I said I don't think it is a good airframe and won't be very aerodynamic.

According to the reports of the Jane's Defence Weekly, China has already launched its next generation stealthy fighter aircraft programme, and Shenyang Aircraft Industry Co. (SAC) has been selected to head research and development of a new fighter for the PLA Air Force (PLAAF).

PROGRAMME

According to the report from Jane's, development of the subsystems including the engine and weapon suite for the next generation fighter, which was codenamed by the Western intelligence as J-XX, has been underway for some time. Images of the concepts show a twin-engine aircraft sharing some design traits with Lockheed Martin's stealthy F/A-22 "Raptor" multirole fighter such as the internal carriage of its weapons.

Not too much public information about the programme is available at the moment. The aircraft, which could be designated as J-13 or J-14, is still going through initial concept work, the same stage as the USAF Advanced Tactical Fighter (ATF) programme in the early 1980s, which later led to the F/A-22 Raptor. Sources within China's confirmed that the SAC is looking at a twin-engine, single-seat, single vertical tale fin design, but other design proposals has yet been ruled out.

As China has developed close ties with Russia's aerospace industry and has license produced many planes of formal Soviet designs, it can be predicted that the J-XX would include some, if not many Russian technologies and designs. China has been offered a 'joint development and production' of a new fifth-generation fighter by Russia -LFI. Russia has been trying to sell this concept both to China and India for some time, but neither of them has committed fully yet. According to Russian resources, the LFI will be able to counter U.S. second fifth-generation Joint Strike Fighter (JSF).

Stealth and thrust vectoring are two must-have features in all aircraft being designed in the 21st century. If is not clear that how much progress Chinese designers have made in these areas, and Chinese aircraft industry may have to take Western/Israeli/Russian helps to make the J-XX truly fouth-generation (or fifth-generation using the Russian standards). Once introduced, the J-12's immediate rival will be U.S. F/A-22, JSF and India's MCA (Medium Combat Aircraft).

Source: www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1600141/posts

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 08:05:07 PM »
That Chinese one reminds me of that MIG from the movie Firefox.  :)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline giel

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 09:18:37 PM »
that plane looks very good :o

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 05:06:34 AM »
The second one is a YF-23.. American built. looks bit like the Wyvern out of Ace Combat..
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:12:55 PM by Webmaster »

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 10:22:34 AM »
It looks... wierd. Not like to chinese to build something so impractical...
-JCLim

Offline Flanker.94

• Flight Leader
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 11:10:36 PM »
Gripen, you,re right. It really looks like the Wyvern. Here is a picture of a Wyvern:

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 01:48:47 AM »
I don't know, but that has some similarities with the Su-27, take a deep look ;)
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline Flanker.94

• Flight Leader
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 06:03:28 PM »
I don't know, but that has some similarities with the Su-27, take a deep look ;)

Wich aircraft has similarities with the Su-27, the J-XX or the Wyvern?

Offline giel

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
The second one is a YF-23.. American built. looks bit like the Wyvern out of Ace Combat..

the sign of america is on the plane so DUUUUH and if you look good you can see " us air force " so again DUUUUH  :o

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 11:30:10 PM »
Wich aircraft has similarities with the Su-27, the J-XX or the Wyvern?

Wyvern
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA