MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: MiG-35  (Read 25798 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Re: MiG-35
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »
From the web sites I attached http://www.aviapedia.com/category/fighters/mig-35/ it appears that the Mig-35 might have a future in a sense that it might be the most advance model Fulcrum built.   A lot I think depends on if funding which is directed at this project and if Russia owns air force places an order for them.  Will Russia themselves purchase this jet or incorporate just some of these upgraded features into there current Mig-29 squadrons? Another big factor for Russia to get this new aircraft into production will be winning India’s new fighter tender.   With new ASEA radar, increase internal fuel, improved cockpit layout the MIG Corporation seemed to have addressed all the past Fulcrums short comings.       
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 09:18:17 PM by nonpilot »

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Mig-35 at Le Bourget air show
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »
I just read that Sukhoi's fighter jets will not take part in any of the flying display at this year's Paris air show due to costs.   There will be another aerobatic team from Russia this time, presenting MiG's multi-role thrust-vectoring fighter, the MiG-29OVT, also called the MiG-35 Fulcrum F. Thrust vectoring increases flight maneuverability, allowing the plane to actually dance on its tail.   I'm surprised at this I would thought both jets types would have been flying a, another missed chanced for Russia.   And what a perfect time for Russia Yak-130 to take to the skies too I guess marketing isn't a strong Russian suite

This is the link where I found the info
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20070604/66651066.html
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:19:07 PM by nonpilot »

Offline valkyrian

• Fighter Ace
  • Goodbye my friend Tigershark, R.I.P.
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 01:33:32 AM »
I hope that at least one TVC bird from Russia will be at an airshow when the fiercesome Raptor visits Europe....

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 01:58:12 AM »
people would scream for a dogfight, and I would pay in years of my life to see that :o :o :o
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 02:08:10 AM »
BTW, welcome to the forums!!!
I knew you from somewhere else, but I am sure you will make new friends here ;)

Enjoy :D
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 04:51:06 PM »
Raptor vs. Russian top-of-the-range. Oooh, look, shrapnel. HEY, WHERE'D THE PLANES GO???
-JCLim

Offline Sergei

• Pilot
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 12:36:34 AM »
MiG-35 - the best light fighter in the world! It not sympathies, and the fact. Not only that it possesses a supermaneuverability so it still and is undistinguished, or is at all imperceptible for radar stations. By the way, I for the first time have seen him alive when was on aviashow MAKS-2005 (then it for the first time and showed). On August, 23rd (already absolutely soon) I shall go on MAKS-2007. A photo I shall necessarily lay out.

P.S.: to compare MiG-35 with F-22A "Raptor" - it is not absolutely pertinent. First, it is different fighters on a class. Secondly, MiG-35 can conduct fight with "Raptor" only on a near distance. Fight on average and distant distances, most likely, is impossible. Though, probably, onboard radar station MiG-35's can find out F-22A and on these distances. In any case, in near fight at approximately identical readiness of pilots of both fighters, at F-22A does not have any chances. :)
Жыве Беларусь!

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 01:06:51 AM »
Ooh a Raptor killer. YAY

Offline karun

• Recruit
mig35
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 02:32:36 PM »
its a copy of mig29 with thrust vectoring, multi role platform

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 02:08:38 PM »
A real MiG-35 has yet to be build. Right now, it's nothing more than a marketing designation for a new MiG-29 generation.

The one you've seen at MAKS 2005 and also showed at Farnborough 2006, is the MiG-29OVT, which is nothing more than a demonstrator of the TVC on the RD-33 engines and new flight control system, built from one of the MiG-29M prototypes. The MiG-35 is a proposed version featuring the TVC engines and FCS of the MiG-29OVT, and the improvements of the M and M2 upgrades. It is marketed to the Indian Air Force for the M-MRCA requirement, with high commonality to the Indian Navy MiG-29K/KUB (which is a new MiG-29K development, not the old version). Plans therefore include new RD-33MK engines and Zhuk-ME radar.  It really depends on whether the IAF will pick the MiG-35, otherwise the MiG-35 might end up different according to another customer's wishes.

Actually, the TVC engines are optional for the MiG-35. So it might end up as more of a MiG-29M3 eventually with standard RD-33s.

The Zhuk-MAE AESA radar is also being tested and will be integrated on the MiG-29M2 prototype, so that will probably also be an option on future MiG-35.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 04:23:25 AM »
I just found this forum and it had a post stating some info about Mig-29M so I thought I would post it.

The new run aluminium alloy “01420” which was largely used in the construction of the apparatus is one of the essential characteristics of Mig-29M just like the almost total replacement of riveting by the welding. These innovations made it possible to reduce the total mass of the plane (mainly thanks to the lighter weight unit of new alloy and to the abandonment of the assembly of sheet aluminiums by covering) and to more fully use the interior volume of the body to place the fuel (what was impossible before because the riveted joints could not be sealed perfectly). The new system protection of the engines against the ingestion of foreign body, made up of lattices laid out in the ventilation shafts made it possible to remove the air intakes on the dorsal surface of the leading edges and to use volumes thus released to place kerosene there. As for the use of materials absorbing the radiosignaux ones, it made it possible to reduce reflective surface radar.

http://66.249.91.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.red-stars.org/forum/viewthread.php%3Ftid%3D72&prev=/search%3Fq%3D70%2B%2509MiG-29SMT%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DmJY%26sa%3DG

Offline valkyrian

• Fighter Ace
  • Goodbye my friend Tigershark, R.I.P.
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 09:55:48 AM »
Again, the poor craftmanship of the Russian fighters is obvious. These guys want to built tough machines, but in general they use crude technics. I hope that my beloving Flanker has already used this high tech (for the Russian standards)....

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA