MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: First Look At MiG Skat UCAV [Updated]  (Read 5722 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
First Look At MiG Skat UCAV [Updated]
« on: August 24, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »
I found this interesting and didn't know that MiG had a program like this.  Mig unveiled the program during the Moscow air show, though only a few journalists were taken off the show site to a MiG facility at the Gromov flight test research institute.  Skat has two internal weapons bays, capable of carrying air-to-surface missiles as large as the Kh-31 (AS-17 Krytpon). Possible roles include the suppression and attack of enemy air defenses.

Full story
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/MIG082307.xml&headline=First%20Look%20At%20MiG%20Skat%20UCAV&channel=null

Offline Icarus

• Pilot
  • Planes on ships fan
Re: First Look At MiG Skat UCAV [Updated]
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »
Mmm, Predatorski eh  ;D Considering russky technology can be startling sometimes, this is going to be an interesting project.

And that's a kinky name by the way too :o :D

Offline RecceJet

• Fighter Ace
Re: First Look At MiG Skat UCAV [Updated]
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 09:25:46 AM »
I wonder how the manned, first prototype will look. The mock-up version looks quite serious, but I can only imagine a large bubble canopy on top for the manned prototype and that just looks silly! Still, it's good to see the Russian aviation industry come up with a platform like this. Good luck to them!

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA