MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Su-37 and mig1.44  (Read 9036 times)

Offline terminator

• Veteran
Su-37 and mig1.44
« on: December 22, 2006, 02:42:30 PM »
hey guys as u know i love the terminator ,but i didnt know it crashed :'( :'( :'( :'(,can anyone plz tell me its abilities, like i heard it could fly at very low speeds and it very maneurable ,and that it could destroy the f-15 (if it was produced like other Russkie planes of course)and also i dont really know much about the mig1.44 ,I saw in ac5 ,but i dont know anything about it .(even if they are both prototypes )if any country could get their hand on su-37's , mig 1.44 or su-47  produce them and mantain them ,do you think they (whoever it is) would b able to beat us? :-\ :-\ :-\
'711 I shall nerver forget you.......

Valiant1

Re: Su-37 and mig1.44
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 09:45:52 PM »
Glad you asked, terminator....

The Su-37, admittingly, was a fascinating aircraft - digital fly-by-wire, 3-dimensional thrust vectoring, very powerful engines, and supermaneuverability.  In my opinion, the Su-37 is the ultimate expression of the Su-27 Flanker line. 
Yes, it could defeat the F-15 Eagle in a dogfight, but not by much.  According to statistics I've read (can't remember the site), the Terminator's kill ratio against the Eagle is only 1.5 to 1, meaning for every 1 Terminator shot down, 1 1/2 Eagles would be shot down.  Remember, the Eagle is still an extremely maneuverable dogfighter, despite its age.
But then the Terminator loses its advantage against the newer fighters, again according to statistics, it loses to the Eurofighter Typhoon 4-to-1, I believe the Gripen has a 2.5-to-1 advantage, the Rafale is dead even at 1-to-1 and the Raptor has an amazing 10-to-1 kill ratio advantage over the Terminator, pilots being equal in experience from every nation. 
But unfortunately, this "ultimate expression" of the Su-27 Flanker line would find it very difficult to fight against the newer generation of fighters from Europe and the US.

Mig engineers claim the Mig 1.44 is better than the F-22 Raptor...so they say...it's only a claim,  but that's what they said about the Mig-15 against the F-86F Saber.  The Saber was definitely the better dogfighter, although the Mig was the better climber, but because of the experience of US pilots, they gained an 8-to-1 kill ratio over the Mig-15s. 

The Soviets then, claimed they weren't flying those Migs, they were North Korean pilots... sure they were.

Offline terminator

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 10:08:45 PM »
yeah ,but the raptor like other american military equipment has the drag that it costs too much to mantain and if it gets damaged is like trying to rebuild the twin towers.i think the su-37 could win if the russkies had the awacs's and all the intel we got,but we 'll never know.....i hope.and whats ur opinion on the su-47 berkut?

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 02:14:31 AM »
Berkut looks mean.

Yeah, but the Terminator, like other Russian planes, costs too much for a country that cant afford it and has a tendency to crash and destroy the only prototypes, which as far as i know, the Raptor didnt crash!

Offline terminator

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 03:42:00 AM »
yeah u right ,but if the Russkies could get the mig 1.44 project going our f-22 may have some problems :'( :'(

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 03:59:30 AM »
The Russkies dont have the money to do the project. You should really read the forum, we discussed all this stuff before!

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA