MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: China develops new supersonic trainer aircraft  (Read 6283 times)

Offline AviaL2

• Pilot
China develops new supersonic trainer aircraft
« on: June 25, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »
China has developed a new-generation supersonic trainer aircraft with state-of-the-art turbines and a full authority digital engine control.

The L15-03 trainer plane, developed by the Hongdu Aviation Industry Group based in Nanchang of Jiangxi Province, had a successful maiden flight last month, according to a press release from the conglomerate.

Zhang Hong, chief engineer for the L15-03 program, said in comparison with its prototype, the new plane shows improved engine function and reliability.

Other improvements, such as the adoption of an aeroastrodynamics layout from a third-generation fighter plane, enable the new plane to bring precision and immediate responsiveness to the control of the engine's operation for a change of the plane nose's orientation, said Zhang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmmjPl8ZeeI

The L15-03 can be used for advanced training and strategic pilot drills, said Zhang, adding that it would take two to three years to get the new trainer plane into mass production.

Hongdu is a division of the China Aviation Industry Corp. and was the maker of the first plane in New China.

http://english.mofcom.gov.cn/aarticle/newsrelease/commonnews/200806/20080605623966.html

Offline MKopack

• Pilot
Re: China develops new supersonic trainer aircraft
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 03:01:08 AM »
It looks as though someone in China has been watching the Italian M-346 and the South Korean / US T-50 very carefully.

Mike

The M-346

The T-50

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 03:28:39 AM »
Don't leave out the Yak-130

Offline valkyrian

• Fighter Ace
  • Goodbye my friend Tigershark, R.I.P.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 12:50:18 PM »
Yes the original idea, YAK-130.

Offline shawn a

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:32:12 PM »
 Wow!, Is that for real? I never heard they were building it. (and I've heard everything) ...just kidding.
Now I know where my money went from all the Chinese shoes, appliances and computers I've bought.
The plane looks good, like MKopack said, a combo of the Italian,Russian and South Korean trainers, with the LERX of the Super Hornet. Hope it doesn't work.
Shawn A

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 10:44:05 PM »
As far as I know China air force hasn't placed an order yet but that may changed.  The M-346 and Yak-130 was a joint project before the two sides split apart.  I think the M-346 is much further along and different models are being shown around while the Y-130 has orders from Algeria, Venezuela, and Russia's own air force not being filled. The M-346 team didn't part from the Russians for nothing you could Google this there's tons of stuff on it to read. 

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA