MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Show me your AFB!!!  (Read 50976 times)

Offline giel

• Veteran
Re: Show me your AFB!!!
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2007, 12:22:24 PM »
hahahaha :o :o :o does he lives on the moon now?? ;D

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »
I don't know if I entirely believe that photo or not  :-\ It looks real...but see the way he is doing the stunt? I would think that would make the ski frip a bunch of times really fast  :-\ Unless he was sitting on the seat but he's not.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2007, 07:53:40 PM »
Viggen, you never said we had to show aircrafts with afterburner.

True..You got me!!

But the pic is a fake, it looks like a missile launch from a sub or a surfaceship. However it does look cool.  ;D
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2007, 08:08:46 PM »
Yay I knew it!!! and I saw this video of an F-15 Eagle supposedly launched from a sub. What a bunch of junk. You can tell it is fake. I mean really, if you know anything about aviation you would know this is fake. First of all the F-15 isn't big enough to fit a rocket engine like that in it and it is obviusly edited  ::)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6084166636389127522&q=F-15+launched+from+sub&hl=en

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2007, 11:52:09 PM »
Lots of fake pics and clips out there, but some are made really good and they are cool to look at.  :)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2007, 07:30:56 AM »
It's the most fake video i've ever seen. The angle the plane turns after ignition is so wrong too... And it doesn't look like it came from a jet engine... Take the amount of fuel burnt during ignition for something that heavy. Blam. No more fuel.
-JCLim

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2007, 12:46:11 AM »
Talking about fake videos I just saw one of a J-10 coming out of this killer flat spin just to find out it's a model plane.  I person who put the video up must have pulled it because I can't find it now, I was fooled big time.   I would assume that was a missile launched from a sub ( PS Photoshop) job  with that F-15 but it really could be many things.     

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2007, 10:15:25 AM »
Hm... Honestly? Have you ever tried using a pump in a bathtub before? It's not too difficult to change the background and, of course, add that lame F-15 with those smoke trails.
-JCLim

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2007, 08:00:19 PM »
Raptor...the F-15 is not lame...I mean, if you want lame just look at the Dumb Duck aka the F-22...no offense to it. And yeah thats what I thought when I first saw it nonpilot. It is a missile launched from a sub in real life and edited with some software. And no fuel would be left, and a rocket engine would not fit without huge adjustments to the airframe and the plane would most likely spiral out of control.  ::)

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2007, 09:59:21 AM »
Bingo. The F-15 doesn't look real. Freeze the image and do a close up. (Not sure if you can see it as clearly). I love the Eagle and all but the way they did it is just lame. Saltwater shouldn't settle as fast as that. And even, assuming that the rocket engines can be fitted in, the entire airframe would be ripped to shreds. You do understand we're way off?
-JCLim

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2007, 10:29:23 PM »
Of course I do Raptor  :D Whats your point?  >:D

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2007, 11:59:29 AM »
My point is that the person who did the movie is either six years old or ABSOLUTELY clueless. I can do a more realistic launch. No, i am not doing one for you because it just plain defies physics. Newton's third law. So with that kind of speed, and with fluid friction, heat and gravity all working together, you get instant scrap. Vio-lah.

Is it possible to do a vertical if you just click on the afterburners?
-JCLim

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA