Military Aviation > Military Aircraft

Stealth: Why it dosent work

(1/4) > >>

Gripen:
we all know the stealth planes (B2, F117, F22, F35 and others)

but these all have a huge flaw in them

they all have INTERNAL weapons- when they go to launch them the doors open- and they appear on radar (remember the incident in Yugoslavia where a F-117 was shot down, stealth planes arnt meant to be shot down are they?). sure the enemy woudnt be able to shoot them down becuase they cant respond quick enough, but if the stealth tries to go in while the enemy is combat patrolling, they just might be able to hit the Stealths

the only way you could have a true stealth plane is by designing it so it dosent appear on radar even when it is attacking.

i know alot of you wont agree, but give me your opinions anyways

Raptor:
For one, with the speed and manuverability the F-22s and F-35s have, they will have an edge in the air once their bombing or strike run is completed. Unless, of course, it's a mission which requires absolute stealth. To enter and emerge unobserved.

Unfortunately, the B-2 and F-117 do noat have this advantage of high manuverability. Most likely these aircraft would carry out strikes at the time when the enemy would least expect it. Such as a long while after a full-blown attack. And you also have to take into mind that the information provided on the B-2 and F-117 is only provisional. For all we know, the B-2 might incorporate some kind of technology that allows it to open it's bombing bays without being seen.

Gripen:
not likely.

i watched this show on the design of the B2 and they said "that it is most vulnerable when the bay doors are open, otherwise its invisible to radar"

Raptor:
Then again, on this note, even if the B-2 is that vulnerable, i won't fly it. Think of the sheer SIZE of that thing. If it isn't armoured enough to withstand shots from a basic cannon... well... Then again, the information released to the public still IS provisional

And you do have to remember that the USA has an intelligence system already in place. If they make so many blunders that the B-2 gets shot down, i'd join the other side of the war.

Gripen:
good point, but are bombers nesecary these days?

why cant they hit it with a tomahawk?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version