MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: SU47??  (Read 32164 times)

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
Re: SU47??
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 03:15:10 PM »

Has anybody played Ace Combat 5:The Unsung War? The SU-47 was one of the unlockable planes and (in my opinion) the best plane on that game HOWEVER that was just a game.

Never had the chance yet to try out Ace combat 5. Is it any good? 
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline dreamer

• Pilot
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 06:05:18 PM »
Combat is fun, but the story has no replay value but you can get medals for completing missions very well or shooting down (i think) 25 aircraft wit your machine guns only, anyway there are about 15 medals in all, also they have lots of planes including the SU-47. You should rent it to see if you like it.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 08:46:18 PM »
I sure will, but at the moment im fiddling with a space shuttle simulator. Not even near combatflying.  ;)
Patrik S.

Offline dreamer

• Pilot
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 06:08:44 PM »
planning on joining NASA?   :P

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2005, 12:11:43 PM »
ohhh noo... This is to satisfie my own curiosity. They say thay flying the shuttle is like trying to fly a brick. Its true according to the sim. Missed the landing strip with a couple of hundred meters, but in real i would have probably burnt up during reentry. Took me two attempts to get through the upper atmosphere. Besides its not that cool to fly when you cant loop the thing.   ;)
Patrik S.

Offline dreamer

• Pilot
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2005, 06:11:37 PM »
lmao, wasn't expecting to find a shuttle with super-manuverability was you?

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005, 08:40:24 AM »
lmao, wasn't expecting to find a shuttle with super-manuverability was you?

Nope, but i had my hopes that all the speed after reentry would could lead to some fun, but hell noooo! Its just falls down to earth. Aerodynamics must be similar to a brickwall, all that speed is only used to reach the landingstrip. Do it wrong and you end up in the pacific, very very bad for your health.  ;D
Patrik S.

Offline dreamer

• Pilot
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2005, 06:21:21 PM »
hmmm...wonder if you can eject :P, anyway it would be fun just to spin it around on reentry and hit the ground spinning it wouldn't hurt nothing seeing how its just a game but at least you might get dizzy.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005, 09:21:14 AM »
Gave up the shuttle sim, there is not much fun to do in space....Well, i could try to fly it to Mars, but thats beyond of my knowledge of spacenavigation....The view was nice anyway. ;D
Patrik S.

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 11:47:07 AM »
i think the Berkut looks cool. How many planes can you say look like it? I spose there wont be any confusion to what it is if it does enter service ;D

You unlock the SU-47 in Ace Combat 6 if you shoot down the squadron that fly 8 of them, i flew it for a while but its not as good as the Gripen!

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 12:22:05 PM »
Whoa. You're really hot about the Gripen. I hate Shuttle Sims. They're just boring boring boring.
Anyone have Micrsoft FS X. It's really, really good. I've got th 2004 one. And thats pretty good too, but...  :P
I don't think forward swept wings will ever be succesful, one reason being the cost, and of course, there are the dis-advantages too, like having to do a major redesign of the fuselage, etc.
-JCLim

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 12:23:35 PM »
I don't think forward swept wings will ever be succesful, one reason being the cost, and of course, there are the dis-advantages too, like having to do a major redesign of the fuselage, etc.

if they can work out a way for forward wings, then they will go nuts, like the canard set up, and delta wing, swing wing...

give it time and it will work

Gripens ;D

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA