MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: SU47??  (Read 32051 times)

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
Re: SU47??
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 07:50:15 AM »
Then, seeing the cost of aircraft has already multipled to over 16 times over the cost of WWII aircraft in their day, we'd have small little fighters costing more than carriers...  :P
-JCLim

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 03:32:01 AM »
Insert Quote
Then, seeing the cost of aircraft has already multipled to over 16 times over the cost of WWII aircraft in their day, we'd have small little fighters costing more than carriers... 

um

not really on the same level because the WW2 fighters were built to get the job done, and then you need to consider inflation and different labor and stuff, so its like pointless comparing the price of a plane that is like 60 years old to a new fighter

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 04:11:43 PM »
Oh, Puh-leeze. By the end of WWII the equivalent of the F-15-the P-51, would cost, say about as much as present day car, um, Well, a conventional car, that's for sure.
-JCLim

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 04:57:18 PM »
WW2 time planes had to cost way less. Just look how much of them were built during the war. 50-100k on both sides I belive.
Now try and build up a 1000 bomber fleet of any heavy bomber - quite impossible. Fighters - well more or less possible, but just think how long it would take to accually build 1000 F-15s? Not to mention next month you may need another 1000.

Germans alone had 2000+ aces(by western standards) after the war. In 3 years 1 single pilot killed 352 planes(sic!). To compare this number - RAF ordered 200+ Typhoons to herself.

WW2 time planes were cheaper!
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 05:43:27 AM »
Hey, i could buy 40 Mucierlagoes with just 1 F-14...  :o

Ok. Then maybe the present day fighters are more effective too... We'd never reach star wars stage. According to the official annexation of all the Republic equipment (published by ??? lisenced by lucasfilms) Don't ask me, my COUSIN is the crazy one.

Interlude:

over 5000 X-wings after the wars. At the fall of the empire, they were left with half that number in X-wings and double in B-wings. Which cost twice as much. Fiction ROCKS.

And the Imperial Navy? Their Impstars are equivalent to an entire battle fleet. EACH. Over 600 of those stationed in the core worlds. a few hundred more in the rest of space. Ok, so maybe they had a lot more planets, but couldn't Lucas be more realistic? I mean, an SSD would be 24 Kilometers long... Not to mention 68 stories high...

-Awing

That was him. I'd rather have millions of fighters and bombers than a few to maintian air superiority. The germans had way superior equipment. Same as the Star Wars plot. The Brits eventually came in with better stuff. Same as Star Wars again. The germans lost all their aces once the machines were evenly matched. Same again. Um. i think there was a Colonel Baron Soontir Fel. Lost agianst the X-wings. Um. Major Tor smth. I can't remember. Von richthofen and the other immennelmann or smth guy. WWIIs a bit different, don't you think?

-JCLim

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 06:17:37 AM »
what the hell are you talking about?? all the x-wings and a-wings and stuff all suck compared to a death star, but it got blown up so it dosent count.

GIMME THE MILLENIUM FALCON ANYDAY

fyi the murciealago is s**t

GIMME A BUGATTI VEYRON

1001BHP top speed 409KMH fastest road car in the world, and most expensive 1.44mill US

ooh a Vanquish would be cool :P

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 09:14:55 AM »
*yawn* Star Wars storyline and equipment are better than Star trek's... Hm, i think you get the wrong picture here. I'm talking cost. And, um, the Muci goes 0 to 130 in .3 seconds, was it? i can't remember i hate car designs. The F-22 looks a whole lot sleeker. And faster too...  >:D
-JCLim

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2006, 04:24:04 AM »
Veyron 2.6sec 0-60, all wheel drive and quad turbo's!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2006, 10:42:07 PM »
Veyron 2.6sec 0-60, all wheel drive and quad turbo's!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But the fuelconsuption ends up costing a months work...  ;) Gimme a real racecar, something that will truly put hair on your chest.  ;)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 06:35:51 AM »
If you could afford the 1.4million US dollar price tag then i dont think money for fuel would be an issue.

and its too hard to get race cars registered for street use.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2006, 03:34:20 PM »
Who wants to go fast on streets, its dangerous!!  ;) The old Le Mans ciricut, Spa or Nüburgring in a old Group C-racer.  ;D
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2006, 01:30:26 PM »
Aw, planes are so much safer. No risk of crashing into a building towering 50 stories above you. and even if you were headed to one, you could just go right over.
-JCLim

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA