Military Aviation > Military Aircraft

Sukhoi T-50

<< < (4/5) > >>

Raptor:

--- Quote from: Webmaster on August 25, 2011, 06:00:05 PM ---Hopefully. I haven't seen much yet. Although I believe the latest missiles are already not easily fooled by flares anymore, thanks to IIR (imaging infra-red) sensors. But I'm not so sure what has been done on the radar guided front.

--- End quote ---

It would be curious if it go to the state where nobody bothered to fire missiles anymore and just focused on jamming each other.  ;D

--- Quote from: shawn a on August 26, 2011, 07:07:55 AM ---As far as I know the FB-22 is dead.
The Air Force has chosen to put all it's remaining eggs in the F-35 basket.

--- End quote ---

Looks more like throwing the eggs away rather than putting them in one basket, the way things are going. =/

shawn a:
I really like the "elastic" hinge covering on the canards/lerx. Someday ailerons and flaps will have that treatment, and maybe whole wings will be covered with flexible, elastic covering that in combat aircraft could be RAM treated. Remember, you saw it here first!
Can't IIR be jammed with active laser jammers?

Webmaster:
Yeah, pretty cool.

--- Quote from: shawn a on August 28, 2011, 02:32:21 AM ---Can't IIR be jammed with active laser jammers?

--- End quote ---

You mean countering infrared with a laser, right... I don't know, they've been kinda relying on IR band detection and the heat of the missile's plume to target the laser... how's that going to work on a missile like the ASRAAM.

shawn a:
Well, not to get off topic---- suppose the T-50 had ASSRAMs--What does the ASSRAM do that would not allow it to be tracked by a jammer? Does it's motor burn out quickly so as to reduce it's IR signature? And then relying on residual speed (kinetic energy) to coast to it's target? Sorry to be so uninformed.

Webmaster:
Yep, exactly. Clearly, it's not as easy as countering some RPG, Strela or Stinger.

Why do you turn it into ASSRAM by the way? It can also be aimed at the cockpit, doesn't have to be the ass of the aircraft. LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version