MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: The Eurofighter campaign in Greece.  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Elias

• Pilot
The Eurofighter campaign in Greece.
« on: February 21, 2008, 03:19:47 PM »
The documents below were recently revealed on a news broadcast as part of EADS's on-going campaign to convince the goverment of Greece to purchase the Eurofighter. Even though the authenticity of these papers hasn't been confirmed, I think that they make an interesting read. For the record, all ministers mentioned below have already denied any meetings with EADS officials or any wrongdoing.

It's also worth mentioning that two of the people mentioned below are newpaper editors. If the two documents are real, then EADS tried really hard to win the hearts and minds of the Greek politicians and the Greek people in general.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_BaTrLDBnaMY/R7r_YiCy8qI/AAAAAAAAAEs/XYccyQm0POQ/s1600-h/eggrafo1.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_BaTrLDBnaMY/R7r_2SCy8rI/AAAAAAAAAE0/Rce7j_2JiW0/s1600-h/eggrafo2.jpg

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 04:31:33 PM by Elias »

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Re: The Eurofighter campaign in Greece.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 03:56:34 PM »
Thanks for posting that it's interesting and makes you think how much under the table stuff goes on in the fighter market world.  For some unknown reason I'm pulling for the Rafale for Greece.  I would like some Rafale sub systems to be upgraded in the current Mirage 2000-5 mk2 fleet at the cost of the French for buying into the Rafale program.   Next the Rafale needs to be able to mark it's own targets and maybe build the a special "D" models up to a light kind of F-15E type, having wish lists are fun.  If Greece could save $10/15 million per aircraftI think keeping with the aircraft maker you know is better, weapons & training cost etc.   That providing Greece is happy with there Mirage 2000-5 mk2s.  Are there mk3 types too?

javascript:void(0);
Smiley

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 01:26:25 AM »
Nothing wrong with a bit of lobbying, as long as no bribes are involved. I believe the things described are actually more of a soft approach. It could be way worse.  ;)

Are those journalists fired now?
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Elias

• Pilot
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 11:39:47 PM »
The assumption among critics about this issue is that these papers could be the tip of the iceberg. Again nothing is proven so all we can do is make assumptions.

The two journalists have denied any meetings with EADS officials and from what I understand they didn't lose their jobs over this.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA