MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: What will be with "Raphal"?  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Sergei

• Pilot
What will be with "Raphal"?
« on: October 21, 2007, 12:59:44 AM »
Has just read through, as unsuccessfully there are business at, certainly, magnificent French fighter "Raphal". In my opinion, the unique buyer of this fighter can become Libya. Неспроста about half a year slipped messages on preparation for signing the contract on delivery of Libya 18 fighters "Raphal" back.

Has decided to translate on English clause of military news agency ARMS-TASS:

The company "Dassault Aviacion" has analysed the reasons of refusal of Morocco from signing the contract on delivery of fighters "Raphal", informs "Defence News".

According to results of research, the General delegation on arms of the Ministry of Defence of France (DGA) has prepared for Morocco the complex offer on deliveries of arms and military technics. Except for 18 fighters "Raphal", in it helicopters and frigates also entered. In front of Morocco the condition, that the conclusion of the contract probably only on the offer, instead of its separate elements has been put. It also has served as a principal cause of refusal in spite of the fact that negotiations with a management of Morocco on all financial and technical questions have been completed even in the spring of this year. Thus negotiations were conducted at an intergovernmental level.

Representatives DGA have refused to recognize such charge and have declared, that the complex offer has been prepared proceeding from an estimation of needs of this country in arms and military technics.
To sign the contract which hoped from Morocco company "Dassault", assumed delivery of 18 fighters "Raphal" for the sum 3,2 billions dollars. Refusal of Morocco of the French planes opens the American company " Lockheed Martin " an opportunity of delivery of fighter F-16C/D Block 52 + in this African country.

In opinion of experts "Dassault", reception by the American company of such contract can render negative influence on a level of political and military influence of France on northafrican region - a traditional zone of interests of Paris. Company "Dassault" which traditionally is a symbol of the superiority of France in the field of aircraft construction, gradually starts to lose the positions. Defeat in tenders for delivery of fighters in the Netherlands, Singapore and South Korea calls into question into the further existence of this company. Negative processes can influence also on activity of firms "Thales", SNECMA and "Sagem" which production is realized through trading structures of company "Dassault".

Morocco, trying to not lag behind Algeria in the race of the arms which have developed between two countries, actively negotiates with the potential companies-suppliers of fighters already more than two years. Under an available information, on purchase of the American fighters Saudi Arabia which earlier already helped Morocco to lead purchase of 40 fighters "Mirage" F.1 should finance the transaction.

According to of some mass media, "Dassault" now negotiates for sale of fighters "Raphal" with Libya and Saudi Arabia. In case of loss and in these tenders, carrying out of strict measures on reforming the company is not excluded.

http://arms-tass.su/?page=article&aid=46558&cid=25
Жыве Беларусь!

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
Re: What will be with "Raphal"?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 01:27:05 AM »
Interesting. I didn't know french had that hard times although yes I hadn't heard of any exports when thinking about it now.

However I'd like to point out the Arms-Tass' URL. It's with a .su   tag which was designated for the Soviet Union. I didn't have any idea that anyone still uses it.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 03:31:14 AM »
That would be interesting if Libya bought French fighters but they bought or ordered English missiles.   If Libya were to open up to western arms or should I say allowed to buy them the Typhoon might have a toe in the door already.   I'm not saying it's a leg or even a foot in the door but with missiles on order one may wonder if nice English made jets were mentioned during there missile talks?  javascript:void(0);
Roll Eyes

Offline Sergei

• Pilot
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 01:41:55 PM »
It's impossible to forget, that Libya is seriously interested in purchase of party Su-35 and Su-30MK2 (may be, Su-30MK3). Recently the contract on delivery of Libya in 2008 6 Yak-130 has been signed. So prospects in the Libyan market of arms iridescent.

alyster, the domain .su became very fashionable on the post soviet space. Sites with the similar domain aren't only in Russia, but also in Belarus and in Ukraine. Three years ago the address of agency was arms-tass.ru, but now - arms-tass.su
Жыве Беларусь!

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 03:21:30 PM »
I total agree with you Russian aircraft make the most sense the bulk of there arms are Russian made.   I didn't know a contract for 6 Yak-130s was signed that's very good news for that program.    Libya could go in a few directions with there arms purchases only time will tell.   On a different note Libya AF has a good number of Su-24 too that I read that in a different forum get a good amount of air time, always one of my favorite aircraft.    I still feel that there's something that gets disgusts at the contract tables when dealing with the Rafale that doesn't get said to the public or press, this aircraft seems too good not to have any oversea buyers yet .

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA