MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: US air power gadgets (F-15) vs the world  (Read 6718 times)

Offline valkyrian

• Fighter Ace
  • Goodbye my friend Tigershark, R.I.P.
US air power gadgets (F-15) vs the world
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:11:26 AM »
Well, this is something that comes straight from the USA.

Bad thing, they show the Eagle is inferior (absurd). I think they exaggerate, or they are trying to ask money for more F-22's.
I didn't know that the Flanker was equipped with Cligon technology jammers.

Anyway see for yourself....

http://www.afa.org/MPEG/Air_Supremacy.wmv

Get well soon

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Re: US air power gadgets (F-15) vs the world
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 02:51:15 PM »
Very interesting but think there giving China to much abilities with the J-10/J-11.

The Russian jammer's I honestly don't know enough to say one way or the other.

The theme of this demo does lead to US military needing more money and kind of looks like a push to get funding.  I think if the advance SAM's were that good already that US forces would have been tested by now. 

Good find my friend worth watching

Offline valkyrian

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 05:45:12 PM »
Yes my friend, this is an advertisement that clearly says "...Give us money for more" . Who can tell if the infos presented are true?

On the other hand, i think  that the Russian made weapons were underestimated for quite time and perhaps this video settles somehow the things. I loved the part that were showing the SAM distribution around the world. Greece was also included! We have some S300 batteries given to us by Cyprus. So potentially we are a threat to America!!!!!
I am sure, Boeings salesmen will not find the part that shows the Eagle inferior to the Flanker, for  when an inhouse study shows something like that, imagine what competitors (Dassault, EADS ) can do with this...

More fighters? Yes!
More Eagles? Nooo! ;D ;D

Seems like the Taiwanese are under siege :o. If China  :police:ever wants to put a barrier around the Taiwan island, nothing will penetrate the barrier. (Perhaps a handfull of the 183 >:D F-22?)

And that chinese Raptor-Lee (aka Bruce Lee) fighter, looks cool. I bet it will have a nice appearing but a terrible quality ;D

Anyway, if i was an American  ;)i would vote to give money for more military :police: programs, and untill then i wouldn't sleep so well, knowing that so many bad things can spoil my day ???...

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 08:32:29 PM »
Taiwan is something China waves a shinny thing in front of our faces and we look at it instead of what there really doing.  I think they could grab the Island or at least destroy it twenty-five times over it they really wanted too and feel one day it will be the hook that pulls us in but that's another story.

The super Flankers was my favorite part how the F-15 doesn't stand a chance and how Russian aircraft radar has over taken the United States.   Were deep into into 2nd generation ASEA while there still taking about in on the Mig-35 vapor ware fighter.

It was a well made PR show almost made me feel it was Russian produced.

Offline valkyrian

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »
That's what i thought initialy, but the site is a much more American oriented than i imagine.

I like what are telling about the hook that draws US there. What can China gain from US presence in the area?

Maybe only for "internal consumption". That is ..."Beware people of China, American forces are near our neighborhood, so shut up and tolerate whatever you are under".

Offline God Bless USA

• Flight Leader
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 11:28:26 PM »
Great propaganda video valkgrian!  I was wondering (I probably miss it) what are the names of the long range air-to-air missles they are referring to?  Where can I read about them?

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA