MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: What would you like to fly?  (Read 45698 times)

Offline dreamer

• Pilot
Re: What would you like to fly?
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 06:04:26 PM »
go to http:\\www.cia.gov    what kind of government secret program has a website ??? :P

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 11:23:21 AM »
Well, if you can pick non-existing planes (yay the sole Su-37 did crash), and stuff like that, than I am sure you can get a westernised Su-35 and don't have to learn any Russian. I don't think the Indians learned Russian for their Su-30MKIs, so if some country buys a couple of Su-35 they'll have english manuals and instruments installed.

Who cares about the money, kinda fun to be the person who gave the US biggest proud and secrets in fighter design to the enemy.  :P Only u have to hide in some cave in Pakistan afterwards.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 11:46:13 AM »
Well, it aint to fun to know that the enemy have their hands on all information about your new fighter. It happend to the SAAB 37 Project, the russians got their hands on everything about it. Swedens biggest spy worked at the department of defence, old airforce capten. Whatever the russians wanted to know about Viggen, he sold it to them.  >:(
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 12:28:56 PM »
Well if you spy, you can better make a good job of it, it's treason anyway.  ;) Some British army guy passed on some info about the vulnerable spots of their tanks, he got four times life sentence or something like that.
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 12:54:45 PM »
His name is Stig Bergling, started to spy for several countries during 1969. The israeli´s caught him 1978 or 79. Anyway he went to jail here in Sweden, but then he managed to escape. Lived a few years in Russia, hungary and some other places. He got tired of being on the run since his wife developed cancer. She died here and he went back to jail, sat the rest of his sentence. Then after 11,5 years he was a free man again. Today he lives in some small town somewhere in Sweden.  8)
Patrik S.

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 01:21:54 PM »
I guess the Russian weren't impressed by its Delta wing, perhaps they got their tandem main gear design from the Viggen. But well, it is always good to know who you are up against. The Viggens did a lot of intercepts of Russian aircraft, and even a SR-71 or two.

I guess I am going to vote for the Viggen, to get back on the subject, but only if short landing, turn-around, and short take-off are included. Otherwise one of the Sukhois.

Russian sub being checked out:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 01:23:48 PM by Webmaster »
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005, 01:28:17 PM »
By the way, I corrected your poll. Raphael is an Israeli weapons manufacturer, Rafale is the correct name for the new Dassault bird. And while I was at it, I also gave the others their proper designation.  :P Hope you don't mind.
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2005, 01:29:59 PM »
Yeahh..Now that sub is one cool story, U-137. Sweden were on the brink to go to war against the Russians those very first days. It was really close. The viggen on the picture is from my old airbase F17 Kallinge, a few kilometers from Karlskrona were the sub got stuck on some reef. Russian sub on Swedish territorial waters, one crazy morning. Though i was just a kid when it happend.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2005, 01:35:43 PM »
I dont mind at all, thanks.

Yes viggen did a lot of interceptions, aircraft and ships. Coolest is probaly the SR71 Blackbird incident. There is a plak or whats it called at F17 from the US President Reagan, congratulating F17 for almost succesfully shooting it down.  ;D
Patrik S.

Offline Ramon

• Scorpion Aviation Photography
  • Global Moderator
  • Fighter Ace
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 03:39:19 PM »
Hello,

My answer is very easy.
Offcourse I would love to make a flight in a F-14D Tomcat  ;)

It is one of the most famous and most beautifull long-range fighter ever produced. The Tomcat has a superb performance, excellent manoeuvrability and a long-range weapon system. It can be launched from a carrier during day or night, whatever the weather condition is, it can attack multiple targets on an unparalleled distance, and has a timeless and beautiful body.

So that's, what makes it the best and beautifull fighter there is.

Regards, Ramon. ;D
  • Interests: A-10, F-14, F-105, B-58 and warbirds

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 03:46:23 PM »
Scorpion..Your answer is just as surprising as mine  was.. he he  Guess you cant teach old dogs to sit afterall ;)
Patrik S.

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 04:44:06 PM »
Well, if you can pick non-existing planes

That's the Haunebu your talking about? You hurt my feelings.
F-117 use to be just like that ;)

Who cares about the money,

I do

kinda fun to be the person who gave the US biggest proud and secrets in fighter design to the enemy.
Yup, Came from Soviet Union, went to EU to sell USA's best plane to Chinese... or better Koreans :P

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA