MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Your Ideal Fighter Flight  (Read 12217 times)

Offline iluveagles

• Veteran
Your Ideal Fighter Flight
« on: May 07, 2008, 07:10:24 AM »
Ok if you had to choose a flight of six fighters to fight together what would you choose and how would you utilize each aircraft's abilities?

Personally, I would go for a wolf pack.

I would use (1) F-15 and (5) F-16s. The F-15 having such a large radar could direct the F-16s to attack certain targets. While the F-15 is an amazing aircraft by itself, working in unison with its smaller counterpart they would create a very strong, blitzkrieg like force. The F-15 pilot tells the 16's to rush out and take down aircraft or targets and then more and more, just wiping out everything in its path.

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
Re: Your Ideal Fighter Flight
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:23:51 AM »
1 Viggen and 5 Gripens

Viggen uses its, um, bulk to draw in the enemy people, then the Gripens pounce and destroy the who ever the enemy is  ;D

Offline iluveagles

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 05:12:38 AM »
Thats..................interesting................so my question is, what happens when you encounter my flight?

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »
Work together and destroy everybody else?

;D

Offline iluveagles

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:46:38 AM »
The reason I ask is, the Viggen would be shot down outright at long range, along with that the Gripen's would have missiles all over them right away. (I'm not sure on their radar size, but it can't be much bigger than the 16s radar)So, I'm guessing at this point you will realize that you are under attack(dur dee dur), but may or may not have radar contact with my flight. Now, my flight will have expended all long range missiles, the F-16's will drop their external tanks and hit the burners and climb high. Coming in at you around mach if not a bit under, and from above. First launching heat seeking missiles and then engaging you in dogfights.

You will have at least lost the Viggen, I would say at least one-two Gripen(s) as well. So you will be out numbered and out gunned. Not only are there 5 16's on you, there is also an F-15 directing it all and closing fast to create even more chaos.

So, where are you now?

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 10:50:53 AM »
Gripen's, when attacked, use their better speed (according to the stuff i found) will out burn the F-16's rather easy. Viggen can be cannon fodder.

If in doubt, run.

Offline iluveagles

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 05:20:13 PM »
Actually, the Gripen has no speed advantage over the F-16..............so running is not an option, because you also have to worry about an  F-15 that is faster than all of the aircraft.

So being that you can't run what are you going to do now?

Offline Mike_NZ

• Pilot
  • Kiwis CAN fly!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 07:42:07 AM »
In a totally imaginary world:

Su-30MKI and Typhoons for Air defense

or

3x F22s and 3x JSF (more believable) for strike missions against well dug in enemy
Kiwis CAN fly!

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 02:53:53 AM »
I'll leave out the F-22 because their in a class by themselves.

2 MIK Flankers armed with AIM-120 the latest models because their just the best team with the slightly longer range bars radar, take a bunch of long range shots and force the issue against your enemy put him on the defensive. 
Use the long range bars radar and datalink target info and enemy positions to the Eagles so they can fly in with their radar's off. 
Launch stand-off weapons turning on the ASEA radar's to get the best picture at the last moment with (4) F-15 F-15SG.
Then finish the mission by shooting down any aircraft left with the mighty Eagle (still a F-15 fan) best radar + missiles around on any 4th generation fighter (maybe radar on the E/F Hornets a little better)

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 04:43:08 AM »
4x Typhoon and 2x F-35

or

4x Su-35 and 2x Su-30MKI

should both work in a2a and a2g

actually thought about having the F-18F in combo with a better a2a platform, but I can't think of anything that would work well with it
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline shawn a

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 11:16:07 PM »
I'd choose 2 F-22s, 2 F-15Es, and 2 Mig 31s.
All can handle air-to-air work, with the -15s doing air-to-ground, and I won't tell you what else I'm going to do with the -31s.
Shawn A

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »
Hmm, I could go for 6 P-51 Mustangs..

:D

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA