Military Aviation > Military Aviation News

At last the PAK-FA

<< < (5/5)

Webmaster:
I think almost all assessments by Ausairpower are skewed. As they are more threat assessments, I'm not sure optimistic is the word. But you are right, and that's what I meant with my statement about the F-35.

But uhm, I suppose you were asking SukhoiLover....

F-111 C/C:
Just making a general observation in line with your F-35 comment :)

SukhoiLover:
I had my doubts, but i now i think it has the potentional to be the best fighter ever. However, a lot depends on how the Russians will manage the program.

About APA, i think that while most "experts" tend to be quite optimistic and even arrogant on their assessements on Russian military technoloogy, APA tends to be the guys who assess things from the worst case scenario.

Is that incorrect or beeing biased? Hell no!

In my personal opinion, i think that every military commander should think like that, History has shown us that underestimating a potential threat or beeing to optimistic about a potential threat might lead to very bad results.

So, i respect APA because they can see the true potential of things. But i repeat, POTENTIAL, it doesn´t mean that everything they say will happen but, you must admit that their approach to threats is far from beeing wrong.

lucciano85m:
IAF, The fifth-generation fighter aircraft will enter service in 2017

The Indian Air Force (IAF) will induct a total of 214 single and twin-seater variants of the advanced Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) being developed jointly by India and Russia. The fighters are likely to be inducted by 2017.

"We are looking for 166 single seater and 48 twin-seater versions of the aircraft," IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne said in New Delhi.

http://www.xairforces.net/newsd.asp?newsid=552&newst=13

lucciano85m:
Russian Sukhoi T-50 Makes Flight Test Progress

The third prototype of the Sukhoi T-50 Fifth-Generation Fighter made a first flight on November 22 with test pilot Sergey Bogdan at the controls.

The flight from the Dzemgi aerodrome of the Komsomolsk-upon-Amur Aircraft Production Organization (KnAAPO) lasted more than one hour and was uneventful, according to KnAAPO. The T-50 is also known as the PAKFA, a Russian acronym meaning Future Complex of Frontal Aviation.

http://www.xairforces.net/newsd.asp?newsid=636&newst=8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version