MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Sukhoi signs record $2.5 bln deal with Russian defense ministry  (Read 11945 times)

Offline SukhoiLover

• Fighter Ace
"MOSCOW, August 18 (RIA Novosti) - Russia's Defense Ministry and the Sukhoi aircraft maker signed on Tuesday a 80 billion ruble ($2.5 billion) contract, the Russian prime minister said.

Under the contract signed at the MAKS-2009 air show at Zhukovsky outside Moscow, the Russian Air Force will buy 48 Su-35S, 12 Su-27SM and four Su-30M2 fighter jets.

Vladimir Putin said the contract "sets a record in modern Russian history," adding that aircraft deliveries were to be completed by 2015.

He also said the Russian government would provide an additional $100 million to Sukhoi's capital from the federal budget.

The head of Vnesheconombank (VEB), Vladimir Dmitriyev, said the national development bank would grant Sukhoi a 3.5 billion-ruble ($109 million) loan to start production of Su-35 jets.

The Su-35 fighter, powered by two 117S engines with thrust vectoring, combines high maneuverability and the capability to effectively engage several targets simultaneously.

It is equipped with a 30-mm cannon with 150 rounds, and can carry up to eight metric tons of combat payload on 12 external mounts.

Russia's Air Force commander, Col. Gen. Alexander Zelin, said in July that up to three air regiments would be equipped with Su-35 fighters in the future.

Russia also plans to export at least 160 Su-35 fighters to several countries including India, Malaysia and Algeria."

Guys, i have to be honest, right now my heart is beating at 200 BPM and i´m just full of the most extreme joy.
This news is the confirmation that the Su-35BM, my favorite plane, won´t be just another failed project like the Su-37.

To Webby: Once again, you were absolutely right, its the Su-27SM and not the Su-27M, the other news had a typo.

P.S: I would love to hear from tigershark right now, we had several discussion about the Su-35BM and its future, if he was here he would probably be congratulating me for being right, i really miss him now :( :(

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:21:54 PM by SukhoiLover »
http://sukhoitribute.blogspot.com/

English version: http://sukhoitributeenglish.blogspot.com/

Pavel be proud of your legacy!!!!

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS
Re: Sukhoi signs record $2.5 bln deal with Russian defense ministry
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 03:44:22 AM »
So the enemy are arming again. You living in Portugal should have a ringside seat if these aircraft are ever used for their true purpose. ie to shoot down NATO aircraft and kill our pilots.

Offline F-111 C/C

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 05:08:44 AM »
Someone remind Aviator that the Cold War is over.
Wars are won by carrying the 'heavy iron' downtown!

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:50:37 AM »
Nothing is over. Russia is busy arming any nation that isn't in the Western Alliances including us down here in the Anzus pact. Even we have an interim order for F-18 Super Hornets whilst we are waiting for our F-35s.
They aren't to fight New Zealand. They are to counter Malaysia's Russian built planes. Without cheap Russian aircraft arming all these developing or third world countries, the European Union, United States or Australia would not have to be re arming at all. We certainly don't need fighter planes for anti terrorism operations.
They are to counter the same opposition we have had since 1945. Russia.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:45:23 AM by AVIATOR »

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »
We certainly don't need fighter planes for anti terrorism operations.

Tell that to the troops that are currently fighting the taliban in Afganistan. I dare you?  :)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline SukhoiLover

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 10:54:07 AM »
Someone remind Aviator that the Cold War is over.

I would say the same thing.

http://sukhoitribute.blogspot.com/

English version: http://sukhoitributeenglish.blogspot.com/

Pavel be proud of your legacy!!!!

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 10:56:13 AM »
OK, seeing how Australia has been there from day one, I will. Who do I tell? Where is the Taliban Air Force?
You want to explain this. If there were any opposition aircraft to the Allies effort in Afghanistan they would have "made in Russia" printed on them and with a Sukhoi badge attached.
I think it's about time someone on here said that jet fighters are weapons of war. They aren't pretty things to be perved on by enthusiasts or forum dreamers. This is an aviation forum. Realize that your 'ideal' might be shooting at your family if things hot up.
Lets start a land mine forum where we can have our favourite land mines talked about. They tell me that the Fiat Company of Italy is the biggest land mine manufacturer in the world. Anyone like Fiats?

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
Aviator, you seam to forget that most aircraft today are multirole. Their purpouse is to  assist groundtroops, like dropping bombs or strafe runs on the enemy. An air force have three main objectives, air defence, groundsupport and Recce.

Stop pretending that the russians are the enemy. No matter how good aircraft they have, it also comes down to pilot training. This is where the western countries leave them in their wake.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 11:36:39 AM »
Yeah and the opposition nations to the Allies and NATO are being armed with your multi role aircraft.
Dream on.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 12:52:24 PM »
Yeah and the opposition nations to the Allies and NATO are being armed with your multi role aircraft.
Dream on.

LOL! You really have no idea of what the hell you are talking about. Wonder who is living in a dreamworld. You should stop reading aviation magazines from the early 80´s.
Patrik S.

Offline AVIATOR

• Hero of Flight
  • TALLY HO CHAPS
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »
Tomorrow we are going to talk about Sweden and the consequences of rampant inflation from going it alone to arm against the Warsaw Pact during and since the cold war and not joining NATO. The crippling debt that your hero Russia put your country in. More stuff I know nothing about.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »
Tomorrow we are going to talk about Sweden and the consequences of rampant inflation from going it alone to arm against the Warsaw Pact during and since the cold war and not joining NATO. The crippling debt that your hero Russia put your country in. More stuff I know nothing about.

1. Now you are trying to turn the topic from aviation to politics, and involve my country in your little fantasy world.

2. Sweden is doing ok finacially and was even doing better during the cold war era then today.

Sweden had a secret agrement with NATO in case the Russians and warsaw pact would become hostile. Sweden was going to get NATO support, using Norway as base of operations.

Russia is not my "hero". Have never said that in any of my posts. I´ve done my time in the air force , training against the "Russian threat". And honestly, i dont see them as a threat today.

Patrik S.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA