MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Aircraft video galleries: using Youtube now  (Read 4402 times)

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Aircraft video galleries: using Youtube now
« on: December 05, 2012, 02:04:41 AM »
Since Patrick's Aviation no longer exists, switched over to Youtube as a source for aviation videos. Searching for a particular aircraft on Youtube can be quite tricky, the garbage their search returns for some aircraft keyphrases is ridiculous. Then there's all the RC models, FS and other game footage to filter through.

So what I've done is handpicked videos for each aircraft, and soon I will weed out the low quality ones and find some better ones. Just browse through the aircraft directory: http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/
Not all have video galleries yet, but one by one they will all get a gallery of (at least) half-decent videos.

Soon I will also embed the videoplayer on the page, so you can watch them here instead of opening up another tab to goto youtube.

Do you have another source where you get good quality aviation videos from? Please post the link, so I can check to see if they offer a developer API, so I can get the video listing from them.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Re: Aircraft video galleries: using Youtube now
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 04:33:43 AM »
Few more to go, but most have good video galleries now. Only have some difficulty finding good videos for the Q-5/A-5 and Su-27M (the old Su-35), the latter is mostly just 711, the Su-37, or they are mixed in with other Flanker variants.

Embedded player now, so you can stay on milavia.net, I will improve it later on.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA