Historic Aviation > Warbirds

Argentine pilots break silence over World War Two

<< < (2/4) > >>

Webmaster:
Well it's recommended to browse through the whole gallery. Very nice artwork, I especially like the ones with the Phantoms and Hueys, it seems it's easier to do for the artist than the A-4s which look a bit crooked sometimes. The WWII ones are very nice as well.

--- Quote from: Raptor on January 01, 2008, 11:45:56 AM ---They actually flew during the falklands war? That's amazing. How old would they have been by then?

--- End quote ---

Well, how's your math? 1940-1945 to 1982, 37-42 years later, so around 60. From what I've read the one(s) that still flew during the Falklands were flight commanders for transport flights, dropping supplies and troops on the islands. Of course dangerous, difficult, exciting, etc., but not as bad as being 60 and flying a Mirage III. I don't know if any of the WWII veterans did that.

Globetrotter:

--- Quote ---being 60 and flying a Mirage III. I don't know if any of the WWII veterans did that.
--- End quote ---

As far as I know, that definitely didn't happen.

I'll try to find out more ,but my comkmon sense says no...

Globetrotter:
Here is the page of the book Firmes volamos. Sorry, it's only in Spanish :-\. But there's a link (look for a blue, like this frase: click aqui) from which you can download a trailer.

Globetrotter:
some pics: http://www.firmesvolamos.com.ar/galerias/fotos.php

the link doesn't function, sorry :(

Gripen:

--- Quote from: Globetrotter on January 27, 2008, 05:53:26 PM ---
--- Quote ---being 60 and flying a Mirage III. I don't know if any of the WWII veterans did that.
--- End quote ---

As far as I know, that definitely didn't happen.

I'll try to find out more ,but my comkmon sense says no...

--- End quote ---

Raptor has a bit of trouble with Common Sense...

Wouldnt the only WWII fighters been like high end commanders by that time if they stayed in the military?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version