Historic Aviation > Warbirds

The Fantastic CF-105 Arrow

<< < (2/8) > >>

Globetrotter:
oouh.. TSR.1 make me creepy :P it was somewhat .... "un elegant"

There was an Argentine project too. Fairly similar to the F/A-18.... but it was nice! :D it is sad to be it was :-\

I can't find the page now, it used to be at hangardigital.com.ar anyone heard of it?? It now says the page is no longer on the server... (didn't pay the fee???)

valkyrian:
Thanx Niels for the picture!

The Canadian Government did everything to destroy this effort. The Arrow was something of the ATF of its time. A nation like Canada although it possessed the technological level couldn't do it alone. My question is how those brain dead English didn't came and help. After all it was AVRO Canada, like we say AVRO Vulcan, and the Canadians were in the commonwealth. Anyway, they destroyed everything  but with the arrow killed their capability in aero industry. Even with the J75 instead of the Iroquois engines the Arrow was far better than the Voodoo, not to mention anything of its time. Maybe the Americans didn't want such a hot performer to exist, and sabotaged a little. Maybe the Canadian government was short sighted. But the Arrow was quite an achievement. And it was not untill some years after the arrow, that the English made the same stupid move, they killed their TSR2 in favor to the F-111K, which although it seemed good on a paper it prooved much costlier.

Hey thomas, what is this Argentinian hornet like fighter?

Globetrotter:
I don't remember the name :'(

I'll search and tell you

Globetrotter:
I GOT IT!!

SAIA 90 was the name, and it was a project that didn't even have a proto...

http://miarroba.com/foros/ver.php?foroid=833521&temaid=3601702

the link is in spanish, but there are some good drawings of how it would have looked, I am going to translate it later

Globetrotter:
The main things mentiones are:

* The aircraft would carry a payload of 2 AIM 9 and 4 AMRAAMs or 5000 kilograms of bombs and weapons
* It was a Mach-2-capable design
* would have been produced with Dornier help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version