Historic Aviation > Warbirds

Whats you favorite WWII fighters?

(1/5) > >>

Cobra2:
Vote for you favourite WWII fighter planes  ;D and ya know whats even better? vote for 5 of them!!!  :o
I'm sure there is other WWII buffs here other than me  :D so go ahead and give us your oppinion.
But you cant change your vote so choose carefuly  ;) have fun!!

PS: Incuding all variants (ie P-40: P-40, P-40N, P-40B etc.)

PSS: If there is a plane you want me to add then post it.

Gripen:
Represent Local Mustandg 401!!

alyster:
Spitfire?

giel:
p-51  :) or the spitfire

Valiant1:
I would have to say the P-47 Thunderbolt - especially the P-47N which was specifically built for the Pacific theater and had a greater range than the D model. The N model had a redesigned and strengthened wings with 18 extra inches of wingspan plus larger ailterons and square-cut tips which increased the T-bolt's roll rate and increased maneuverability and a top speed of 460 m.p.h.

This model I particularly loved plus all T-bolts could give a lot of punishment with its EIGHT not six, 50-caliber machine guns and it could take a lot a punishment in return.  The Mustang couldn't, even though the 'Stang was a better dogfighter. 

Cobra, you forgot two great warbirds that made a difference in the Pacific - the F6F Hellcat and F4U Corsair - both were excellent Zero killers and both made a big difference in the war. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version