Military Aviation > Air Forces

best air force in south america

<< < (9/11) > >>

Sergei:

--- Quote from: Globetrotter on August 14, 2007, 02:09:42 AM ---Well, venezuela has the mighty Su-30, so that would be the top aircraft in South America, I believe. But they have 12 or 24 what doesn't get near the cca 150 aircraft Brazil has... I think they have the best airforce right now (Brazil).

--- End quote ---

I agree, that Air Forces of Brazil for today the most powerful in all South America. But... At Venezuela the most dynamically developing Air Forces. I think, by 2010 Air Forces of Venezuela will be the strongest in South America. Anyway all goes to it.

Globetrotter:
Oh! And we also should sum up points to each one for having combat experience! Not all of the SA AFs have.... If I am not wrong, only Argentina, Ecuador and Peru have experience... Well, Brazil sent some airplanes to fight in Italy WW2... but those were still props and not even the tactics are appliable any more...

Colombia and Brazil have anti-drug dealers experience.

Sergei:
You have in view of fighting experience of Argentina during war for Falkland (Malvin) islands? At all respect for the fallen fighters it was 25 years ago? Those pilots (hardly among the Argentina pilots people were younger than 25 years) already either do not serve, or have served to generals. By the way, something is known to you in this occasion?

As to experience of antiinsurgent struggle and struggle with drugdealer's armies also Venezuela has similar experience.

I simply wish to tell that Air Forces of Venezuela - most dynamically developing among the countries of Latin America. Neither it is more, nor it is less.

tigershark:
Welcome Sergei

I agree with your 2010 statement about Venezuela's air force by that time with good training Venezuela's AF should be the most powerful in SA.   I think a follow up order for more Flankers will be placed within a years time because the current amount isn't enough to fully cover all their fighter needs.   I interested in your opinion on how Venezuela AF could improve themselves, I think some AWACS aircraft would be a good direction to go in. 

Sergei:
Greetings, nonpilot!

I consider, that a government of Venezuela, led by Ugo Chavez, will strengthen, first of all, Air Forces of the country by active purchases of new aviation technics. Especially, Venezuela has enough financial assets for similar purchases.

I think, that Venezuela in 2008 will get at Russia a party (18-24 units) of heavy fighters Su-35 and Su-35UB. Especially, government of Venezuela  declared, that it want to have in similar purchase. Then, most likely, purchase of party Su-39's (20-30 will follow; most likely 24), for replacement of out-of-date planes OV-10A/OV-10E "Bronko"/"Super Bronko".

Besides Venezuela, for certain, will get partyMiG-29's (maybe, it will be MiG-35's). It is enough to recollect, how to Venezuela for demonstration displays arrived MiG-29M.
Certainly, presence of a plenty иfighters and others fighting self-summer will demand due maintenance. And in these conditions, Venezuela be required self-years of distant radar-tracking detection and prompting (most likely, A-50ME), and also planes-tankers (IL-78MK; for example, India bought at Russia such 6 planes).

Certainly, such scale purchases of military technics will demand significant financial assets. Somewhere the order of 7-10 billion dollars. However, as all knows, at Venezuela huge stocks oil + almost untouched natural gas. And it very much serious.

nonpilot, how you consider?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version