MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Which Air Force is Best?  (Read 95675 times)

Offline alyster

• Hero of Flight
Re: Which Air Force is Best?
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2006, 07:48:23 PM »
Yup, cause of one singel reason: your military budget is 500+ billion, while Germany spends 35billion and UK spends 42(?)billion dollars.  And Sweden spends only 5,5billion yet it has such a airforce.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2006, 10:43:06 PM »
Alyster, first of all, you have no idea how much we spend. second, we have the money to spend and you dont. Third, we need to stay ontop and you dont...because you guys dont go around helping ungrateful countries and we do...without our extraordinary military and will to do whats right this world would be a mess even worse than it is today because of countries trying to steal freedom and be a world power like us...BUT IN A BAD, BAD WAY...NOT A GOOD WAY LIKE US. And Im not just saying that. ITS THE COMPLETE TRUTH.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2006, 12:03:34 AM »
Yeah, you better remove it...we probably liberated the country your in 1 time or another...it doesnt even have to be by a war...it could be by our special forces in a matter of 2 hours. so dont even talk about us...and I dont disagree to you about worrying about our own country...but you will...your country will be way bent out of shape...and i can name many wars that we have helped many poeple...the only reason the US goes on the offensive is because weve been attacked or another country needs liberating. PERIOD.

****************~~Im not just picking on your country or any other but you guys started it...you know what your country is like...it doesnt have to be bad but we would win a war - NO DOUBT...and you all know it so stop!~~*******************

Valiant1

« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2006, 01:03:01 AM »
I say the US Air Force has the best in the world because of all the resources available to them.  For someone to say they have the best air force YET rely on another country for their hardware because they don't have their own manufacturing ability to produce their own planes, does not make them the best air force. 

And to MR. ALYSTER, yes, we do spend a lot on our military but not like the former Soviet Union where just about every available financial funding went to the military - why do you think their economy is so bad?  But also know this, even if we do spend a lot on our military,  most provided by taxpayers, the US government, as much as I disagree with many issues they need to address, does send out financial and other aids to other countries.  We're not asking you to applaud us, just acknowledge it.  We don't have the best form of government, but who does?  You may not like the US or even Americans, but also remember, AMERICA IS MADE OF MANY NATIONALITIES, COLOR AND CULTURE.  ABOUT THE ONLY TRUE AMERICANS ARE THE NATIVE INDIANS.

With that said, the US has the best air force.   BUT I'm also happy our allies,  if they're not ashamed of being called that,  have very capable air forces - the Royal Air Force, for one,  now being equipped with the Typhoon, would make any enemy think twice about tangling with them. 

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
  • WHATEVER YOUR PAST, THE FUTURE IS GRIPEN!
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2006, 04:39:45 AM »
the best airforce in the world would be one that has great equiptment, and one that also doesnt take crap from politians- kinda like the IAF, for an air force to function, it needs to be able to skip all that political mumbo jumbo!

Valiant1

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2006, 04:41:10 AM »
IAF - you mean the Israeli Air Force and not Indian Air Force, correct?

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2006, 04:56:11 AM »
IAF-Israel

the designation for india is different isnt it?

Valiant1

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2006, 05:03:17 AM »
Not sure, but I was hoping you would say Israeli because they SURE are damn good pilots - I'm glad they're on our side.

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2006, 05:07:52 AM »
yea, i would not want to be fighting against the Israelis.. they dont stuff around- Shoot First, ask Questions Later

like that thing they did to the Iraqi Nuke Reactor in the 80's

flew into another country and blew it up!  8)

Valiant1

« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2006, 05:13:01 AM »
Hey Gripen, I read somewhere that your country was looking to replace your F-18s with variants of the Su-27 Flankers?  Is that true because that would be awesome! 

I'm not a big fan of the F-18   - it's too underpowered  - it needs the engines from the Eurofighter Typhoon.   That would be great  - Australia would be the first Western

nation to fly the Flanker,  a plane I do admire.  Your country should replace the F-18s - they're horrible.  And now the US came out with the Super Hornet - blah!  What a

waste of an aircraft - the F-14 Tomcat was a much better fighter  -  more powerful, more payload, better range, better maneuverability,  better everything. 

Offline Gripen

• General of Flight
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2006, 05:15:20 AM »
Australia isnt getting Flankers :'(, because we are in the stupid JSF program, though i think we should get flankers and use them, or do what the Russian Knights have done and use them as acrobatic planes- i would love to see the Cobra thing :D

Valiant1

« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2006, 05:16:44 AM »
you're not so hot on the JSF program, how come?

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA