Military Aviation > Air Power

Libya

<< < (5/11) > >>

Webmaster:
US tomahawk missiles vs defenses.

SukhoiLover:
Take a look at this guys: http://geimint.blogspot.com/2011/03/libyan-nfz-sam-threat.html

Viggen:

--- Quote from: Webmaster on March 19, 2011, 08:45:48 PM ---

Omg, our government is jumping up and down to get into this. Almost like little kids on the bench at the football match.

sorry if either one is an inappropriate statement, but that's how they behave in my opinion

--- End quote ---

Whatever floats your boat, Niels!  ;) Just joking. This is actually an opportunity for European aircraft manufacturers to  test their creations abilities under real combat situations. So im not surprised that Sweden wants in on this also. Gripen must prove itself during a real conflict or the sales will drop to zero when this is all over. It wont have a chance to compete against the Raphal and the Typhoon on the market. Sorry for steering of course here a bit...  8)

CNN was showing Raphal´s taking off, armed with 2 IR-missiles, 2 AMRAAM and 2 drop tanks. So these could not take part in attacking the ground targets. But like Niels said, i also bet on that its Raphals that are doing the job on the ground as well.

Have anyone heard any news on when the Typhoons are expected to start patrolling from their new bases?

112 Tomahaws have been fired so far from US ships.

SukhoiLover:
Hey guys, i just saw a video on that MiG-23, seconds before we see 2 jets in formation flying the zone, and some minutes later we see France saying they have fighter on the area.

Now Viggen says the Rafale were flying in Anti-Air configuration, so, do you see where i´m trying to get? Do you think the Rafale might have shot down a rebel aircraft thinking it was a enemy? After IFF can´t tell the difference between a rebel and a Gaddaffi fighter.

Viggen:

--- Quote from: SukhoiLover on March 19, 2011, 11:15:38 PM ---Hey guys, i just saw a video on that MiG-23, seconds before we see 2 jets in formation flying the zone, and some minutes later we see France saying they have fighter on the area.

Now Viggen says the Rafale were flying in Anti-Air configuration, so, do you see where i´m trying to get? Do you think the Rafale might have shot down a rebel aircraft thinking it was a enemy? After IFF can´t tell the difference between a rebel and a Gaddaffi fighter.

--- End quote ---

I dont believe so. The MIG was downed early this morning. Before the last meeting and the press conference held by the French president.  However i dont think the MIG was shot down by a missile. Either AA-gun or a turbine failure. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version