Military Aviation > Air Power

US vs Libya

<< < (3/4) > >>

Gripen:
I dont think that Sweden would sell them...

Viggen:

--- Quote from: Gripen on November 19, 2006, 02:34:48 AM ---I dont think that Sweden would sell them...

--- End quote ---

Nope, they would probaly tell them to ask US if they have any Tomcats for sale...  ;)

Valiant1:
The US wouldn't sell them a Cessna if they begged for it.

Viggen:
I dont know how Libya is doing at this moment and if they still have those trainingcamps operational like in the 70´s and 90´s. For me Libya have always been more likley to sponsor and offer a safe haven for groups like Al-Qaida then Iraq.

Anyway, what do you  think would of happend if the Tomcats never would of fired, engaged in combat. Would Libya have declared a major victory over US or would it all have been silently forgotten?

Valiant1:
They probably told their communicatons company that they shot down the big Cats and it wasn't the US that shot them down, just to save face. 

But if the Cats never fired, then obviously, they would be in quite a predicament.  But that's why the US military spends millions upon millions of $$$ just to train our fighter pilots in situations such as these.  Our pilots would certainly not put themselves in that kind of danger without taking action.  It does pay off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version