Military Aviation > Defence in General

Combat rifle discussions

<< < (2/3) > >>

Webmaster:
I see the resemblance, but it's not an exact copy of the G3 right? What's different from the G3?

Viggen:

--- Quote from: Webmaster on April 27, 2009, 03:51:24 AM ---I see the resemblance, but it's not an exact copy of the G3 right? What's different from the G3?

--- End quote ---

The AK4 is produced under license, so some modifications have certanly been done. But i cant answer wich or what. I have never in my life seen an original G3, less fired one. I have not  been told during my time in the airforce what the diffrence are between the two.

Besides its not commonly used in the Swedish armed forces any longer, on occasions as a medium ranged sniper rifle or in the National guard as the primary weapon.

I have recently heard rumours about Sweden making an AK6. I will check up on this and come back with more info if there is any significance to the rumours.

Raptor:
Actually, I'd go with the SAR-21 as my choice of weapon that i'd have to use (SG is a pretty urban place, if i'm going to fight in it i want something that's DESIGNED for urban warfare)

Buttt... If i'd had to choose something to wield for fun.. I say the MP-5.. (yes, i know what it is)

Hey Alyster! Haven't seen you in a while.  ;D

Viggen:
Ok, this is what i have dug up. The AK5 is going to be replaced in year 2020, but the scouting for the new replacment will start at 2012. So nothing is decided yet on what type or kind is going to be the new AK6.

alyster:
Hey Raptor, I've been busy and I still am. Sometimes I ghet few days off or just some time online like now, so yeah I vist rearly.

--- Quote ---I see the resemblance, but it's not an exact copy of the G3 right? What's different from the G3?
--- End quote ---

Like Viggen, I have never seen an original G3 either. However as far as I know the weapon should be pretty close copy of the A3 modification. Logically swedish adds are new markings (3 swedish crowns)*, new line of serialnumbers and a table for aiming at different distances. Perhaps something else also, but there really can't be any big changes.

First weapons did have HK markings on them for some reason. Mine was with 5 digit serial number starting with 1, so I got a real gradpa of Ak4s.

--- Quote ---You can actually aim and hit your targets when fireing at full auto, also it does not overheat as fast.
The recoil is next to nothing compared to the Ak4.
--- End quote ---

Ak4 does use the 7.62x51(NATO) so yeah it is hard to shoot at auto. Short bursts of 2-3 shots is the best this weapon can do. It's more of a MG ammo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version