MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Flight Simulators  (Read 7887 times)

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
Flight Simulators
« on: February 02, 2008, 02:36:55 AM »
Talk about your experience with the sims and stories and such :)  (FS2002, FS2004, FSX, LOMAC, Falcon 4.0, etc.)

Heres mine:

Today was my first actual failure for FS2002 (I have all realism settings to high, so failures happen sometimes :))

I was going for a nice flight in a Mirage F1 in FS2002. I took off and was flying low altitude (Again lol), twas nice scenery with trees and alot of houses and stuff in a place in France. Well I was flying I noticed my landing gear light was on, so I pushed the button in the virtual cockpit to put it up...it stopped, then a few minutes later I noticed it again - so I pushed the button again. It was still on...So then I took a look from the outside and all three gears were stuck, so I found a nearby runway (I was too far from the one I took off from) and put her down gently...some nice spark effects when I touched down :)

I uploaded a picture from the runway I started at  :)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 08:32:57 PM by Cobra2 »

Offline MightyHunter

• Flight Leader
Re: Flight Simulators
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 04:36:17 AM »
Well I use FSX at the moment as its the best we have . I huge fan of LOMAC and have it still on PC as its the best combat sim still IMO.
As for FSX its awesome , never has such a game gave so much detail , i have downloaded so many add on aircraft including the Nimrod MR2 and last week i got the MRA4 add on too , with Buccaneer, Vulcan, C5 Galaxy , F14, C17, E2 Hawkeye just about all fav aircraft I have downloaded.
A great sim and I at moment trying to make a youtube video of them aircraft shots , i still learning  :)

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA