MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Halo 3  (Read 27450 times)

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
Re: Halo 3
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 03:41:18 PM »
Hey guys. Haha i'm no Halo fanatic, but Halo 3 is cool. I didn't really enjoy Halo 2, so 3 was a try-out at a cousin's house. BF2 is good. I have the whole series, including the commando expansion packs... Rainbow Six is just not nice.

I haven't tried CoD 4. Does it really lack realism, Viggen? I thought they would make it pretty much realistic enough, with all that WWII rep backup...

Ah. Oh, yes. I really like the Conflict series, but i haven't tried the World in conflict one yet. I got 4 (can you believe it, 4!) ADV e-mails telling me it would be in stores soon. Anyway, i can't really play now... EOYS are coming to town, lalala. (Sung to 'Santa Claus is coming to town')

Oh, Cobra. You should try Splinter Cell. It's the most realistic game i've ever played. The controls are so stiff it fells like a real guy.

And Viggen, i'm a C&C fan, so don't insult it!  ;D ;D ;D

About CoD4, when in real life can you pick up a marker that will make you reload your weapon faster? Details like that destroys a game for me.

About C&C, the first was was great. I loved it. Then it just got repeatedly boring with resource handling. That was the keyfactor why i got sooooo bored with the game. I want to focus more on my battles then building and collecting.  :)
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Cobra2

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 05:05:57 PM »
No way! :O it has pickup things? dang that is such an arcade games style. I can't believe CoD would do such a thing.

And Raptor, I don't know what the fun would be in playing a max of 4 people in online mod  :-\

I do love BF2 and have only played R6 like 3 hours of online the whole time I have had it.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »
Pickups? That really spoils the game. Activision had such a good reputation behind CoD 1,2 and 3. I fl in love with CoD itself (1) when i first tried it. Pickups just kills all the realism of one of the best FPS ever. Medal of honor doesn't even beat it.

But that's the whole fun about it! Resource handling mixed in with battles. Adds quite the challege to the game. The best C&C installment would be Red Alert 2, actually. Tried it before? After that, Generals sucks. C&C 3 wasn't too bad, though. A little less attention to detail might make the game a bit more fun. The tanks have more armour in front and there's a drive-backwards mode, but all of the tanks have the same armour proportion.  :-\ It's a real pity cos they made the graphics so nice, it would be nice to have some armour variety...  :)

Cobra-
What max of 4 people? R6 sucks.
-JCLim

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 03:31:44 PM »
Come on Raptor!! Rainbow Six is a great sim. The weapons realism is high and you can take one step and suddenly you end up dead. Much better then have to shoot a person twenty times in the head to get a kill. The more realistic the better the game.  :)

I love the Rainbow series. Remember Rouge Spear, you could download several weaponmods. One had sniper-rifles with explosive rounds, great stuff to chase down you opponent with. Ok, that one was not realistic but really fun.  ;D
Patrik S.

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
Come on Raptor!! Rainbow Six is a great sim. The weapons realism is high and you can take one step and suddenly you end up dead. Much better then have to shoot a person twenty times in the head to get a kill. The more realistic the better the game.  :)

I love the Rainbow series. Remember Rouge Spear, you could download several weaponmods. One had sniper-rifles with explosive rounds, great stuff to chase down you opponent with. Ok, that one was not realistic but really fun.  ;D

Rainbow 6 was cool, played it a few times. Counter Strike is where is at though! but going back to console Rainbow Six Vegas is pretty dope! the AI is amazing!!! anyway I took my own thread off topic but then again that was done a long time ago! :)

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 12:35:14 AM »
-WRCKid-

Have you played Forza2 yet?  :)
Patrik S.

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 06:15:23 AM »
-WRCKid-

Have you played Forza2 yet?  :)
Of course! game totally rocks, it's no Gran Turismo but it is really good nonetheless!

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 05:03:53 PM »
Its not up there with Gran Turismo in graphics, but the feel of the cars and the racing leaves GT in the dust.

Which is you favourite car to race with so far?
I totally kick butt with two cars, Porsche 956 and the Ferrari F40 (Gave my Ferrari an awsome paintjob also).
Callsign on Xbox live: Aggressor01

Fun part is that i played it on my brothers 360, so he has all the point and stuff. Now i have my own, have to start aaall over again.  ;D
Patrik S.

Offline WRCKid

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 07:02:59 PM »
Its not up there with Gran Turismo in graphics, but the feel of the cars and the racing leaves GT in the dust.

Which is you favourite car to race with so far?
I totally kick butt with two cars, Porsche 956 and the Ferrari F40 (Gave my Ferrari an awsome paintjob also).
Callsign on Xbox live: Aggressor01

Fun part is that i played it on my brothers 360, so he has all the point and stuff. Now i have my own, have to start aaall over again.  ;D
Dude, believe it or not my favorite car on that game is my 350bhp 89' Golf GTI dude that thing is on rails it handles so good! that one and my other personal favorite is Skyline R34 w/ 630bhp thing is also fast it doesn't hanlde as good the GTi, my XBL ID is I am frakk

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 02:07:21 AM »
Halo 3, not interested at all, sorry.

BF2 is great, it's ashame they came with BF 2142 and now the single-player BF: Bad Company, I'd rather see more development on the BF2 concept (need more city maps), and maybe revisit the old titles with remakes.

So, as you all can probably guess now, I also like games with realism or real features but it has to be a game, it has to fun and challenging but not difficult to the point where I as a fairly experienced gamer should need to take tutorials or read manuals before being able to at least play for a while before 'game over'.

I've been watching World in Conflict trailers, looked good, but I wondered about the gameplay. Is it really that good, Viggen?

I hope to play Call of Duty 4 soon, first I was excited to see it coming, but then I thought about the lack of the feel for 'realism' in the previous titles and had my doubts. Don't ask, it's a feeling, the controls and firing of your weapon just didn't feel natural/right. It looks good though.

A totally different game, but also a great series, I am totally looking forward to Settlers Six!
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 03:46:16 AM »
World in conflict is a matter of taste. Not everyone will like it, best is just to try out the demo. If you liked Tom Clancy´s book "Red Storm Rising" then you are going to like this game also. :)

The singel player campaign is just too short and you are in charge of every unit. Its good to play it first as practice before you get online.  Without having to concentrate on resource gathering, it turns into a more action game. Its almost as an fps, but you have more then one unit/person to control. You play on American, Russian and European soil with US, Russian or Nato troops/equipment.

The online mode is where you choose if you  want to play only infantry, air (helos), support or armour. After you made that choice, then its time for you to choose what kind of units you will use in  combat. There is snipers, anti-tank, heavy arty, M1 abrams, cobras, humvee´s, apc´s, Hind-24´s, shilkas and the list goes on....

As you play along and get kills you get special points which you can use on tactical aids.This is the fun stuff!   ;D 
Here you find nukes, tankbusters, carpetbombing, napalm, rangers, laserguided bombs, clusters, chemical strikes, AA strikes, heavy airsupport, heavy arty barrage and daisy cutters and a few more stuff. So the once beutiful landscape is turned pretty fast into a wasteland.

Ok it wont get the title as this years best game. But it is fun and the graphics are good. You can make alot of graphical settings so it suits your pc. Here is two screenshoots of the tactical nuke, i have most of my settings on low and just a few on medium.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 03:54:53 AM by Viggen »
Patrik S.

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 04:10:15 AM »
-WRCKid-
A Golf GTI?? You are right, i dont belive you...lol  ;)

Ok, i wont be like that. One of my other favourite cars is the SAAB 9-3. It understeers alot at higher speeds and with XXX amount of hp under the hood, but it is fun to drive. As you see im not just into exclusive sportscars..he he.

So far i have never driven online, but i did watch a few races. Have a lot to learn! I have to buy me pedals and a steeringwheel or i wont ever be able to take the corners as smooth as some of these guys do. Some are really really fast!  :)
Patrik S.

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA