MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Microsoft FlightSim X  (Read 8365 times)

Offline MightyHunter

• Flight Leader
Microsoft FlightSim X
« on: July 05, 2008, 10:53:09 PM »
How many users out here are using this game at the moment , I been playing quite a lot but not yet mastered the internet game like LOMAC.
I have just downloaded the new Nimrod MRA4 and what a gem to fly but the recording of it makes it look so real , Ill try upload something I have done but it will be the good old MR2, amazing realism.
I got high settings so I can see everything including giraffes/elephants when I fly over the Africa lol

MS X stories please fell free to share or MSX videos like I have of your fav moments. Any Tips on how to make clips and so on would appreciated i use Fraps but Youtube does not support it :/

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
  • What's the next big thing?
Re: Microsoft FlightSim X
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 05:52:32 PM »
I haven't been playing alot of FSX, but from what i've done the Virtual Cockpit is really cool, graphics are a major improvement, etc. Usual stuff... Have you tried X-Plane, Mightyhunter?
-JCLim

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
  • We are not promised a tomorrow.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 07:57:07 PM »
Nope, not played it for awhile because of the obvious reason with my PC mentiond in another post.  :)

Mightyhunter, have you hade the chance yet to see any whales surfacing outside of Hawaii?

Raptor, how is X-Plane. Heard alot about the sim, but never heard anything about how it is to play, the realism and such?
  • Interests: SAAB 37 Viggen
Patrik S.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 09:27:20 AM »
Whales surfacing outside Hawaii... Dude that sound pretty funny actually.  ;D

X-Plane's pretty good actually. I'd rate it alongside MSFS or maybe even above. Graphics are superb, and from what i've played there's alot more versatality in that sim, except that MSFS seems to have better take-off/landing realism. ie, wind, trimming and such make less of a difference.
-JCLim

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 09:11:53 PM »
Whales surfacing outside Hawaii... Dude that sound pretty funny actually.  ;D

Yup, just try out one of the training missions and you will fly to the exact spot between two of the islands. I wasent able to see the whales since i could not run the sim at high enough graphic settings. But the copilot still reacts to the sufacing whales.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 07:41:52 AM »
Okay then i'll try it sometime.  ::) I don't have the game with me currently, though so I'll have to wait.  :(
-JCLim

Offline MightyHunter

• Flight Leader
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 09:10:12 PM »
I not actually tried x plane but i will deffo have a look out for that when i get back from gulf. My first few days here and its bloody hot , today helped out a crew of a C2 greyhound from the USS Abraham Lincoln and they asked us for some help with Oxygen , we managed to help em out so today the US Navy will be glad of our assistance and getting the mail to the guys on the boat.

back to thread (sorry there i detracted from topic lol) Yeah i done the hawaii mission with the whales and yes seen them , same witht eh africa one Girrafes and Elephants running wild below , its pretty cool stuff indeed

Offline Viggen

• General of Flight
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 07:37:35 PM »
I not actually tried x plane but i will deffo have a look out for that when i get back from gulf. My first few days here and its bloody hot , today helped out a crew of a C2 greyhound from the USS Abraham Lincoln and they asked us for some help with Oxygen , we managed to help em out so today the US Navy will be glad of our assistance and getting the mail to the guys on the boat.

back to thread (sorry there i detracted from topic lol) Yeah i done the hawaii mission with the whales and yes seen them , same witht eh africa one Girrafes and Elephants running wild below , its pretty cool stuff indeed

Dont worry about it.  :)

Why dont you start new topic. Like a small diary here on Milavia, where you can keep us updated with your adventures in the Gulf? Write something  whenever you feel like it, when you feel you want to share stuff with us. I think many of us will find it to be intresting.  :)
Patrik S.

Offline Raptor

• General of Flight
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 08:13:30 AM »

Dont worry about it.  :)

Why dont you start new topic. Like a small diary here on Milavia, where you can keep us updated with your adventures in the Gulf? Write something  whenever you feel like it, when you feel you want to share stuff with us. I think many of us will find it to be intresting.  :)

Yes do that i'll be quite interested.  ;) Sorry another off-topic post.  ::)
-JCLim

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA