MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: MILAVIA Upgrade progress  (Read 4053 times)

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
MILAVIA Upgrade progress
« on: August 21, 2008, 06:01:13 AM »
A little progress report on the upgrade of the website's layout.

Most main index pages (aircraft, airshows, downloads, etc) have been converted to the new layout. Most of these still need further work. It strongly depends on the contents of each section, so I will continue on other things first. The shop will be taken down. So only the news and links section remain to be done. These are also the most outdated main section of the site, with lots of buggy code. Before these are converted, I will focus my efforts on the most popular of the aircraft sections first. Needless to say they also can use some updating.

The first aircraft sections to be converted to the new layout will be all the Flanker sections. Simultaneously, I will add the Su-27BM (new Su-35) as a new section and perform updates where neccessary. After the Flankers the most recently added sections will go first, being the L-159, Su-15, JF-17, J-10 and Gripen. This has to do with the amount of code that has to be changed for it to fit the new layout. After those it's down to popularity again, with the F-22, Typhoon, MiG-29, F-16, F-15, Rafale being the main candidates, as you can see from the list at: http://www.milavia.net/about/popular.html

Meanwhile works continues on the new links directory. After the links directory goes live, the news section will be completely overhauled.

Bringing up http://www.milavia.net/about/popular.html, it's not the best list for analysis, but as you can see the Georgia-Russia conflict had quite an effect on which sections are visited more. The Su-25 has risen up, and the Su-24 and Tu-22 (should be Tu-22M of course, but what do they know) made it to the Top 50.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

Offline Webmaster

• MILAVIA Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • General of Flight
Re: Upgrade progress
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:49:31 AM »
New Links Directory is finally online!

More sites and functionality will be added soon.
  • Interests: Su-15, Su-27, Tu-22, Tornado, RNLAF
Niels Hillebrand
MILAVIA Webmaster

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA