MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: J-10  (Read 41426 times)

Valiant1

Re: J-10
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2007, 01:18:34 PM »
nonpilot,

I guess you're right.  Where would we be if we didn't get the technology from captured German ME-262's after WW2?

I see your point.   

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2007, 03:36:08 PM »
Hi Valiant1
You got my point.   

"Where would we be if we didn't get the technology from captured German ME-262's after WW2?"
Years behind the Russian and England in jet engines designs and know how.   To me the captured V1 and V2 were more important overall don't you think?

Valiant1

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2007, 05:12:36 PM »
Yes, but remember, if it were not for the UK, the Russians wouldn't have had an engine that powered their Mig -15.   

BIG mistake on the part of the British.  I wouldn't have handed any kind of technology to the Russians back then.

Thanks to the Brits'   "good will" policy towards the former Soviet Union. 

General Geoge Patton had the right idea - take the remaining German soldiers (which numbered in the hundreds of thousands) and the rest of the Allies (Americans, British, French and Canadian) and destroy the Soviet Union.  Patton did not trust the Russians and hated Communism more than he hated Nazism.

I feel his death due to a car "accident" was no accident.  They didn't want some "madman" shooting his mouth off about fighting the Soviets.  Too bad, because Patton was right.  The Soviets were a big headache for over 50 years. 

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2007, 10:12:24 PM »
I agree with your statements in many ways and the Brits' did give them a jet engine which started there industry for them.  And 20 plus years ago Russia gave China there's and the rest is history.   I also agree with most of what you said about Patton too just that if I were and alive during the second world war, I wouldn't want to be assigned to his division. 

Back to J-10 fighters who besides Pakistan do you think my be future customers?   My vote would be Venezuela and I have mind reasons. 

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
  • I'm Thomas (now Globetrotter)
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 02:47:47 AM »
Yes, but remember, if it were not for the UK, the Russians wouldn't have had an engine that powered their Mig -15.   

BIG mistake on the part of the British.  I wouldn't have handed any kind of technology to the Russians back then.

Thanks to the Brits'   "good will" policy towards the former Soviet Union. 

General Geoge Patton had the right idea - take the remaining German soldiers (which numbered in the hundreds of thousands) and the rest of the Allies (Americans, British, French and Canadian) and destroy the Soviet Union.  Patton did not trust the Russians and hated Communism more than he hated Nazism.

I feel his death due to a car "accident" was no accident.  They didn't want some "madman" shooting his mouth off about fighting the Soviets.  Too bad, because Patton was right.  The Soviets were a big headache for over 50 years. 

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Strange... there are people that believe that capitalism has been a headache for 500 years, how's that   :o
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"   (5º Grupo de Caza ≈ A-4AR Fightinghawk)

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 02:51:00 AM »
I agree with your statements in many ways and the Brits' did give them a jet engine which started there industry for them.  And 20 plus years ago Russia gave China there's and the rest is history.   I also agree with most of what you said about Patton too just that if I were and alive during the second world war, I wouldn't want to be assigned to his division. 

Back to J-10 fighters who besides Pakistan do you think my be future customers?   My vote would be Venezuela and I have mind reasons. 

Yes, venezuela need a more light weight fighter, as they have the Su-30s

What about Iran? It just camo to my head, as they may want to expand their air power just in case, and what would they buy? certainly a Russian or Chinese product...

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

Valiant1

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2007, 04:54:57 AM »
I would NEVER sell to Iran.  Nor would I sell to North Korea.  You may be right - maybe a few South American countries would buy it - including a few other Asian countries like Thailand, Malaysia - could be a very affordable fighter also.   

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2007, 02:18:02 PM »
Chinese future J-10 sales could go into many directions.   For myself I’m looking through some list I have of former and current customers.   Like other large power governments China puts or places pressure on there business partners as well and some governments will find themselves with little choice.  China and Iran have very good ties but I always wondered why more arms deals between the two countries haven’t been sign, it kind of doesn’t make sense.   In general even for China doing business with Iran in the public isn’t a good business move, China is a part of many world wide markets.   China doesn’t want to lose these growing markets for there products either so it’s all about money and business.   I think Venezuelan has a shot for these mid size J-10 fighters because even know Chavez is a pain in an ass to the US, he’s is small fry compared to Iran.   He may think he’s more then that or believe his military is so great for buying some modern stuff but Venezuelan is 1/20 as dangerous as Iran.   For this reason China might sneak some orders in because Venezuela is such a small fish in the fish bowl overall.   The VAF should have placed a followed up order for more Flankers by now 22 or 24 doesn’t cut it so I think things are brewing.   I’ll look through more Chinese information and narrow it down more I’m sure I’ll get it down to under six countries who might be future J-10 customers.     

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2007, 02:00:12 AM »
The US only buys 7 or 8 percent of our daily needs from Venezuela.    it’s higher on the Venezuelan export side because of the number barrels sold but the US imports so much more oil from other sources then Venezuela it’s a drop in a bucket that could be made up else where easy.   In fact American refineries are user friendly to the Venezuelan oil industry because not many countries have the type of refineries that can refine heavy crude oil.   

I agree as a President of a modern country he shows no class the way he spoke in front of the United Nations and the world press.   He’s taking away almost all the rights and power from Venezuela’s government and the voting process is a sad joke for the common people who voted him in.   He’s still small time for now and smarter enough to stay just under American radar for being a true threat.   One day he’ll order his Flankers to Cuba and base some there and that’s where hell starts making mistakes.   His air force would have to more then triple in size and train up 200+ pilots plus other goodie to be a real thorn in the American side.    What hurts Venezuela’s chances with China goes back to big business.   China even selling 200 fighters plus goodie to go along with them is still only like comparing a candy store to Wal-Mart to what the American-Chinese market is like.   Yes China likes Venezuelan oil/gas, and yes China would love to get a large aircraft order in.   I think not if it meant messing with the United States there largest trading partner.   If the jerk just tones it down a little then yes it could happen a major deal could be had, but what are chances of that right?   

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 05:44:17 AM »
He going to have to tone it down or even the Chinese won't deal with him.   But I think he will it's feeling I have and he'll slip under the radar and get weapons from China.   Iran is difficult to understand they needed fighters for ten years now and have done very little about it.   It doesn't make sense there F-14s must be down to a handful.   They couldn't defend there border against Kuwait’s air force so something is brewing there too.    Russia or China is going to sell jets to Iran within two years time but a lot depends on that nuke reactor.   Russia does huge amounts of trade with the US too and they don't want to mess that up.  I was looking at it before Sudan buys small arms from China now and China buys there oil.   China started buying more in the last two years but still nothing on the level as they buy from Iran.   Maybe Africa whose oil is untapped compared to most of the worlds oil reserves go might be J-10 or FC-1 customers.   China need for oil is only second to the United States so where the oil is China might go.  This is turning into an oil thread now but aircraft & arms go hand and hand with oil and oil money.    So Venezuela, Iran, Sudan could and are key players imagine if China nailed all three?   Type in Google “China weapons sales in Africa” and check out the results I’ll attach one there are many.  I think Africa might be China new hot spot after reading a few of these what do you think?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=China+weapons+sales+in+Africa
This is one
http://www.cfr.org/publication/9557/

Offline RecceJet

• Fighter Ace
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2007, 02:18:30 AM »
Fight fight fight!!! :) Nothing is more fun than watching a couple of people sling mud at each other on the forums, as if life is so serious and everything that is said here should be taken to heart.

Please, more!

The level of maturity here will reach new levels! *grab popcorn*

Offline Globetrotter

• Hero of Flight
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2007, 04:28:07 AM »
That's true, RecceJet. So i'll give up on that.

So nonpilot, which are the countries that you were thinking of as possible buyers?

~ MALVINAS ARGENTINAS ~

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA