Military Aviation > Military Aircraft

J-20

(1/3) > >>

Webmaster:
We've got a new fighter, so let's talk about it?

shawn a:
Look for a redesign of those main gear doors because of flutter.
The statement by some chinese official that the plane would have the range "to reach Guam" was a bit... telling.
I wonder who will be first with a radio-controlled model?
How fast will it be? Does airframe heating from high speed deteriorate stealth coatings?
A new plane to talk about is exciting--can't wait for the next Groom Lake "article" to be revealed!

SukhoiLover:
Takeoff was uninpressive to me, clearlly underpowered, i wonder if it is actually more of a strike fighter rather than air superiority one.

Webmaster:
I found it quite amusing it was revealed (well, guards letting people pull out their mobile phone to make pictures) shortly before Gates' visit to China, and flown on the second day of his visit. I didn't hear about the Guam statement, but not surprising. Reason behind it all, US weapon deliveries to Taiwan gotta stop in their eyes. But politics aside.

I should look at it more closely, redesigns because of flutter are not uncommon, you could be right.

It doesn't look difficult to model, I don't think you have to wait long for someone to do a R/C model.

It has the AL-31Fs, with potentially getting the 117S/AL-41F. With the Flankers doing Mach 2.4 - 2.2, this is looking a tad heavier but sleeker, I'd guess you're looking at Mach 2.0.

It was first flight, right... I've never seen an impressive take-off for first flight. Also, did it use afterburners? If it didn't then, it's no wonder it didn't impress. I haven't seen the take-off yet.

Landing seemed really high speed though. But that may have been the video... framerates.

It reminds me most of the MiG-31 actually. Looks like an interceptor foremost.. Strike fighter, possibly, it should have a good bay. But mind you, that might as well be used for very long range missile, which are huge. The design doesn't say bomb truck to me.

SukhoiLover:

--- Quote from: Webmaster on January 23, 2011, 11:38:30 AM ---I found it quite amusing it was revealed (well, guards letting people pull out their mobile phone to make pictures) shortly before Gates' visit to China, and flown on the second day of his visit. I didn't hear about the Guam statement, but not surprising. Reason behind it all, US weapon deliveries to Taiwan gotta stop in their eyes. But politics aside.

I should look at it more closely, redesigns because of flutter are not uncommon, you could be right.

It doesn't look difficult to model, I don't think you have to wait long for someone to do a R/C model.

It has the AL-31Fs, with potentially getting the 117S/AL-41F. With the Flankers doing Mach 2.4 - 2.2, this is looking a tad heavier but sleeker, I'd guess you're looking at Mach 2.0.

It was first flight, right... I've never seen an impressive take-off for first flight. Also, did it use afterburners? If it didn't then, it's no wonder it didn't impress. I haven't seen the take-off yet.

Landing seemed really high speed though. But that may have been the video... framerates.

It reminds me most of the MiG-31 actually. Looks like an interceptor foremost.. Strike fighter, possibly, it should have a good bay. But mind you, that might as well be used for very long range missile, which are huge. The design doesn't say bomb truck to me.

--- End quote ---

PAK-FA take-off was somewhat impressive to me, almost no imput on elevator and that thing just started to climb away like if it was nothing, tremendous lift, and no afterburner.

J-20 on the other hand, no afterburner, but after lifting the nose, with a lot of elevator input, it still stood on the runway for a while, it looked quite heavy for me.

But one thing is for sure, it should be flying with stop gap engines, the new ones might improve the situation, but dunno.

I would go with interceptor, or maybe strike fighter, we´ll see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version