Military Aviation > Military Aircraft

Sukhoi T-50

<< < (2/5) > >>

Webmaster:
Cheers!

Some tiny pics from the official www.MAKS.ru website.

Perhaps the best looking 5th gen so far, I still prefer the Flanker though.

shawn a:
Well, I concur with Webbie- I feel one of the main reasons for anyone's stealth these days is to take out the "force multipliers" first. No AWACS, JSTARS, Tankers, Psy-Ops, UAVs, Battlefield
supply transports, BMD Ships, CARRIERS-- did I miss anything?
In any future peer conflict, stealth will itself be used as a "force multiplier" against the highest value targets it can reach.
Shawn A

Raptor:
Wow that actually really looks like the '22.  ;D Do you speak Russian, Niels?

Just a thought - if NATO is aware of this aircraft being deployed in the field, surely they would do something to keep them safe. After all, they certainly are aware that the tankers, AWACs, etc are the most valuable assets in the skies... I'm just wondering how they would counter such a threat, since there's no tech I'm aware of that can properly keep a BVR stealth aircraft from engaging a huge active radar dish that's pretty much glowing like a spotlight in a moonless night...

(Hehehe now that everyone is going to go stealth, maybe we'll see more good old fashioned dogfights and less BVR  ;D )

Webmaster:

--- Quote from: Raptor on August 24, 2011, 04:04:05 PM ---Wow that actually really looks like the '22.  ;D

--- End quote ---

That's what everyone keeps saying, I don't see it. What else is a twin engine stealth fighter supposed to look like, it looks as much as a F-22, as the F-22 looked like the YF-23. Lifting body, inward placed exhaust, canted fins, etc. etc. it all isn't really pioneered by the F-22 anyway... so that just leaves a lot of differences to pick up on... rather than similarities. IMHO.

--- Quote from: Raptor on August 24, 2011, 04:04:05 PM ---Do you speak Russian, Niels?

--- End quote ---

No, why are you asking?

--- Quote from: Raptor on August 24, 2011, 04:04:05 PM ---Just a thought - if NATO is aware of this aircraft being deployed in the field, surely they would do something to keep them safe. After all, they certainly are aware that the tankers, AWACs, etc are the most valuable assets in the skies... I'm just wondering how they would counter such a threat, since there's no tech I'm aware of that can properly keep a BVR stealth aircraft from engaging a huge active radar dish that's pretty much glowing like a spotlight in a moonless night...

--- End quote ---

Exactly. It's not a threat any time soon, so there's still plenty of time.

shawn a:
My new bumper sticker-- "More Dogfights-Less BVR"
It's also likely that given more effective electronic countermeasures and IR Jamming, those dogfights will be with guns!
How about future HVAs armed with GAU-8As in turrets!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version