Military Aviation > Military Aircraft

Sukhoi T-50

<< < (3/5) > >>

Raptor:
Actually I just looked at a bigger picture of it and it's more unique than I thought lol.  :P

--- Quote from: Webmaster on August 24, 2011, 08:53:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: Raptor on August 24, 2011, 04:04:05 PM ---Do you speak Russian, Niels?

--- End quote ---

No, why are you asking?

--- End quote ---

You gave a link to a website in Russian.

--- Quote from: shawn a on August 24, 2011, 10:13:33 PM ---My new bumper sticker-- "More Dogfights-Less BVR"
It's also likely that given more effective electronic countermeasures and IR Jamming, those dogfights will be with guns!
How about future HVAs armed with GAU-8As in turrets!

--- End quote ---

My guess is we're more likely to see newer missile tech in response to newer anti-missile tech.  ;D

shawn a:
It's definitely a good-looking plane, but I liked the YF-23 better. Also, the -23 was supposedly stealthier than the -22, but a bit less maneuverable.
Which begs the question-- How important is maneuverability in a stealthy aircraft? Obviously, if you listen to Lockheed (Martin), maneuverability is not so important--neither is speed. Anyone for a "stealthy attack dirigible"? (Think of the payload!!) >:D

Raptor:

--- Quote from: shawn a on August 25, 2011, 08:18:24 AM ---It's definitely a good-looking plane, but I liked the YF-23 better. Also, the -23 was supposedly stealthier than the -22, but a bit less maneuverable.
Which begs the question-- How important is maneuverability in a stealthy aircraft? Obviously, if you listen to Lockheed (Martin), maneuverability is not so important--neither is speed. Anyone for a "stealthy attack dirigible"? (Think of the payload!!) >:D

--- End quote ---

I had a very good LOL at that!  ;D If I'm not mistaken, the '22 was supposed to be a great deal more capable, until they decided to cut back on the budget due to the costs, so those folks who are constantly complaining about the '23 not going through are probably not going to be satisfied either way. Does anybody know what happened to that F-22B thing that was going around a while back?  :o

Webmaster:

--- Quote from: Raptor on August 25, 2011, 04:42:14 AM ---Actually I just looked at a bigger picture of it and it's more unique than I thought lol.  :P

--- End quote ---

Yup, that's what I mean!

--- Quote from: Raptor on August 25, 2011, 04:42:14 AM ---You gave a link to a website in Russian.

--- End quote ---

Ah well, I know enough to know that ФОТОГАЛЕРЕЯ means Photo Gallery. But honestly, top of the page, click the Union Jack for the English version.

--- Quote from: Raptor on August 25, 2011, 04:42:14 AM ---My guess is we're more likely to see newer missile tech in response to newer anti-missile tech.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Hopefully. I haven't seen much yet. Although I believe the latest missiles are already not easily fooled by flares anymore, thanks to IIR (imaging infra-red) sensors. But I'm not so sure what has been done on the radar guided front.

shawn a:
As far as I know the FB-22 is dead.
The Air Force has chosen to put all it's remaining eggs in the F-35 basket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version