MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Accord soon with China on JF-17 jets  (Read 3256 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Accord soon with China on JF-17 jets
« on: September 08, 2008, 02:01:01 AM »
There too spoiled by the American made F-16s and I can assume the Chinese made radar and other systems aren't on the same levels too.  I'm trying to convince an Indian friend on a different forum that Indian pilots and ground crews would kill to have 126 F-16 Block-60 Falcon instead of some high maintenance Mig-29M/Mig-35, that might never be made.  I don't know what it is but the seven or eight Indian people I talked this over with all seem to knock the Viper?  I don't get it they would love this jet and could replace three types in the IAF and be more modern then most of what's in the MKI Flankers.   The only thing I agree on and maybe somebody from India could chime in is it would take India's pilots a number of years to get as good as Pakistan's pilots overall.  I look forward to India buying western aircraft and getting away from Russian types and for the US and India to become better allies.   

Pakistan in two years or less are going to begin fielding large groups on 3++ or early 4th generation fighters with this JF-17 depending what radar and weapons systems gets install.  Not sure what their really be capable of but one must assume better then J-7 and Mirage 5 or (ROSE) types right or Pakistan wouldn't have invested the money in the first place.  India going on their 9th years now and can't pick a fighter yet I hope for India's stake is they don't find themselves falling behind in squadron numbers?   

The Gripen would fit so nicely and matches up well against Pakistan's Vipers.  It just seems Pakistan is moving forward a little while Russia late delivering K model Fulcrums ordered four years ago.  The RC400 teamed with MICA missiles seems like it might work just too many unknown here. 

Accord soon with China on JF-17 jets
By Arshad Sharif

ISLAMABAD, Sept 6: Pakistan and China are ready to sign a contract for serial production of the first batch of forty-two JF-17 Thunder aircraft after 10 months of deliberations on the configuration of different parts of the planes.

In an interview with DawnNews TV, Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed said Pakistan had already received eight JF-17s and added that production of the 42 aircraft was likely to be completed by the end of 2010.

He said JF-17s had Russian RD-93 engine installed on them but Pakistan Air Force was looking for some western engine for the new batch of the aircraft. He said the life of the Russian engine was almost one-fourth as compared to the western engines.

The air chief said that since President Nicolas Sarkozy had assumed office the French had changed their policy towards Pakistan and were now willing to offer Air Borne Radar RC-400, mission computer and other equipment for the JF-17s. The PAF is evaluating the French offer.

The interview with the PAF chief will be telecast by DawnNews on Sunday at 1430 Hours.

Source
http://www.dawn.com/2008/09/07/top10.htm

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA