MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: AIRSHOW-Lockheed sees Israeli move on F-35 within days  (Read 4191 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
AIRSHOW-Lockheed sees Israeli move on F-35 within days
« on: June 17, 2009, 03:32:40 PM »
AIRSHOW-Lockheed sees Israeli move on F-35 within days
 PARIS, June 16 (Reuters) - Lockheed Martin Corp executives on Tuesday said they expected to receive a letter of request from Israel for purcahses of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter 'within days' after working out a solution that will allow Israel to expand the jet's electronic warfare capability.

'We expect a letter of request to come to us within days. We have a solution and a configuration in mind that will meet their needs,' Dan Crowley, Lockheed executive Vice president and general manager of the F-35 program, told Reuters in an interview at the Paris Air Show.
Tom Burbage, also executive vice president at Lockheed, said eight Israeli companies already worked on the F-35 fighter, but the expectation moving into the next phase would be that Israeli companies would also get some more substantive, structural work on the airplane. He said Lockheed was in discussions with Israel Aviation Industries  ( AVIA.PK -  news  -  people ) about such possible work.

Source
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/afx/2009/06/16/afx6548761.html

Offline shawn a

• Hero of Flight
Re: AIRSHOW-Lockheed sees Israeli move on F-35 within days
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 04:46:19 AM »
Good news!
About the "expansion" of the electronic warfare capabilities, I mean.
I wonder if they'll sell US a few sets?

Offline Eldorado82

• Veteran
Re: AIRSHOW-Lockheed sees Israeli move on F-35 within days
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:02:48 AM »
I don't think they will recieve it so soon.
Israeli goverment haveto close some holes in the budget beside bying some 1 milliard aircrafts.
lets see how it goes by
Remembering Steven "TigerShark" Zeluff

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA