MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Elbit Systems to supply Skylark® I UAV to  (Read 4119 times)

Offline tigershark

• News Editor
  • General of Flight
Elbit Systems to supply Skylark® I UAV to
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:53:23 PM »
Elbit Systems to supply Skylark® I UAV to France's Special Forces

Haifa, Israel, March 24, 2008 – Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT) will supply
Skylark® I UAV systems to France's Special Forces, as it won a tender involving 10 of
the leading UAV manufacturers worldwide. This contract marks Elbit Systems' first UAV
contract with France.
Haim Kellerman, General Manager of Elbit Systems UAV Division and Corporate Vice
President said that there is a worldwide growing demand for UAVs for Special Forces,
counter terrorism units and other forced focused on the security of borders and
sensitive facilities. France's selection of the Skylark® attests to its ability to meet the
sophisticated challenges of the modern battle field. Elbit Systems considers this
agreement with France's Special Forces as a milestone in entering the French market
and believes that it will be followed by further agreements with European NATO
member countries."
The selection of the Skylark® mini -UAV system attests to Elbit Systems' leadership in
the UAV global market, where the Company's UAV family performs a central role in the
global war of terror and is being used by militaries and homeland security forces
worldwide.
The Skylark®, advanced mini-UAV, is a unique man-pack configuration designed for
day and night observation and data collection “beyond the hill” up to distances of 10
km. The mini-UAV system is equipped with an exceptionally quiet electric motor, totally
autonomous flight and outstanding observation capabilities allowing for easy operation
and orientation. The system can be launched by soldiers after a brief training period.
The Skylark® system enhances ground forces’ tactical performance in various mission
scenarios.
During the recent war in Lebanon the Skylark® mini-UAVs were used by IDF to fly
many combat sorties proving their efficiency by supplying valuable intelligence data to
the ground forces. Moreover, the systems are currently deployed by several countries
as part of the coalition forces in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Link
http://www.elbitsystems.com/data/ESLT_Skylark_France.pdf

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA