Historic Aviation > Warbirds

Best fighter pilot of ww2?

(1/8) > >>

alyster:
When talking about planes, then it is much easier to compare planes with thing like speed, max height/range etc. But it is alot harder to compare pilots, cause someone always has better plane or more luck etc. Still I would like to know what do u thing?

Webmaster:
Maybe nice if their amount of kills and aircraft can be posted here. That would make it easier to decide your vote.

alyster:
Ok, I added the side he was on, victories and plane(s) and the place he was fighting at if his country was fighting at several fronts.

Viggen:
Well the statistics speak for them selfs, cant belive i voted on a german.  :P

alyster:
Well, number of kills isn't always everything. Like some had better planes then enemies, better tactics etc. All the 200+ kills were made in the eastern front coz russians sucked, but RAF was strong and there weren't many pilots who kill over 100 planes in the west. And some just didn't have time to fly due to duty as General.(That part was for germans, coz they had all the top scores, 2500+aces;) ). And some like US pilots just didn't see the enemy too often.
But then again it's a poll and I was looking for what u think so I can't blaim u if u go for Harmann, coz 352 is a HUGE number!

Anyway, I would like it if u'd add why some1, is it coz of the numbers or his flying skills or what ever :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version