MILAVIA Forum - Military Aviation Discussion Forum

Author Topic: Spitfire Mark IX Interactive Cockpit Panorama  (Read 6661 times)

Offline HaraldJoergens

• Pilot
Spitfire Mark IX Interactive Cockpit Panorama
« on: January 09, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »
For a client, Aero Legends based at Headcorn, the old Battle of Britain airfield in Kent, I have created a high resolution interactive cockpit panorama of their Spitfire Mark IX, TD314.

The aircraft was built 1944 at Castle Bromwich, and has been completely and brilliantly restored by the Spitfire Company (Biggin Hill) Ltd. The only visible modern addition to the original cockpit is the radio, and that's cleverly disguised in the original map box on the left.

All controls, instruments, and switches are explained. If they are out of view (like the magnetic compass behind the control column), a static photo pops up with the explanation (unfortunately, this does not work on touchscreen devices).

You can even (virtually) fire up the Merlin engine - turn up the volume!

The panorama was shot outside the Aircraft Restoration Company hangar at Duxford.

Click on the photo below to open the panorama, and switch to full screen mode!

If you are interested in future aircraft panoramas (also online is the English Electric Lightning and Canberra, and the Duxford Catalina), please sign up to my mailing list!

A bit more about the panorama can be found here.

More aircraft are lined up for 2015. If you can think of an aircraft that could benefit from such work, please let me know.
Harald Joergens
Harald Joergens Photography (www.haraldjoergens.com)
Interactive Panoramas and Virtual Tours

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com click to vote for MILAVIA